Wind( weather)

mikench

Reaction score
It's blowing a gale outside at the moment but with blue skies! Very odd!

I cannot abide wind like this and reckon it is the worst of weather conditions and most definitely not conducive to fishing! I hope all those affected by the current horrendous windy conditions are safe and sound!:)

The bad one

Reaction score
I was supposed to do a radio programme tonight, but have had to cancel it as it 30 miles away on some very exposed roads to get to the station. :(
I was really looking forward to doing it buy hey ho eh. Rearranged for early next month. :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's only got remotely breezy in my neck of the woods over the last hour or two. Before midday, it was as still as it has been for quite a while.

john step

Reaction score
It blew a hooley here in Lincs. The sky was a strange colour and the sun was just a red orb you could look at with the naked eye due to dust in the atmosphere. Photos were a disappointment.
So was the fishing. Just one tiddler pike about 5lb.

mikench

Reaction score
Ian not even a super strength vindaloo could compete with the wind blowing here this evening!:rolleyes:

Glad I wasn't trotting !!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ian not even a super strength vindaloo could compete with the wind blowing here this evening!:rolleyes:

Glad I wasn't trotting !!

I couldn't resist having a play with your post....sorry Mike ;).

Yeah, your right trotting would be a little difficult in these conditions....I have done it in the past though on a couple of occasions just to see how I coped :rolleyes:

Philip

Reaction score
For anyone brave enough Roach like a bit of wind I recon.

Mild temp + a nice bit of wind ...maybe a big one could slip up for anyone giving it a go.

tomino2112

Reaction score
I am literally banging my head against the wall in disbelief....

I have quit my job recently, today is my last day and for MONTHS I have been looking forward for the Oct 18th when I will have plenty of time to do everything I wanted and couldnt (= all kinds of fishing of course)

Have you seen the forecast until next week??? I just cant believe my bad luck..

I will have only about two weeks free tome while transitioning to mew job... One week totally wasted already!

Forecast within 2h drive anywhere from me is winds of 30mph and rain. Until at least next Monday.

I will go tomorrow anyway and see if its totally pointless...

mikench

Reaction score
Its not looking good this week certainly! my maggots may just be fed to the birds!

nottskev

Reaction score
Its not looking good this week certainly! my maggots may just be fed to the birds!

You could bag and freeze them..... very popular amongst the bream around here.

Mine are heading for the freezer; this combination of dazzling light, temperature drop and strong wind has never given me a good day's fishing. Add in all the leaves coming down, and I'll just take a walk down the river without the tackle.

mikench

Reaction score
I had forgotten one can freeze the little so and so's Kev. I will riddle them off and do that if i cannot fish or revert to the feeder!

tomino2112

Reaction score
Seems like forecast changed a bit for tomorrow, showing no rain, overcast and 19 degrees. Maybe I will get in at least one day fishing after all

iain t

Reaction score
Only light winds down here yesterday. Ireland seems to have had the full brunt. The sky around here turned an orangey, yellow then when really dark like the night time at 2 pm. Street lamps came on. This morning all the cars in the close are lightly covered in sand. Been told this morning it blew in from the Sahara

nottskev

Reaction score
I had forgotten one can freeze the little so and so's Kev. I will riddle them off and do that if i cannot fish or revert to the feeder!

If you do, best put them in a bait box with water when defrosted and out of the bag. Exposed to the air, they soon start to look dead in a bad way.

hawb811

Reaction score
I fished in the wind, found a quiet spot on the canal, caught all day but gave it neck at 3.45 when the tree branches started cracking

mikench

Reaction score
Little wind today but torrential rain almost all day! I used up my maggots on those gudgeon!:rolleyes:

john step

Reaction score
Little wind today but torrential rain almost all day! I used up my maggots on those gudgeon!:rolleyes:

Gudgeon, takes me back to my yoof! I haven'y caught more than 3 or 4 of the little delights in a decade. Very short on the ground round here.