Low water levels

tonya

Reaction score
I live on the very dry South Coast and one of my favourite fishing lakes is about 2ft below its normal level and has been so since spring. It makes it hard to fish as not only do the fish panic when coming into shallow water near the bank but it makes netting very hard without getting onto the "beach" in front of some swims. Does anyone else have these problems? Any tips?

theartist

Reaction score
We have got a pond like this in our club, if allowed try sitting below the platforms on the beachy bit, it's surprisingly comfortable and you're lower to the skyline and it's easier to net fish. If not then an extra long net handle may be the best alternative.

rubio

Reaction score
Similar conditions out east. A very well known, and well run, commercial nearby is considering closing lakes until the rains break as it is becoming hazardous to use the platforms.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I am the Chairman of a small club in the Birmingham area we have a pool that also has water level problems we are around a foot down and have been for several months it has made certain pegs basically unfishable we are looking into getting a borehole in but not getting far at the moment hope for a WET winter is the best thing i think .

PG ...

seth49

Reaction score
Or you could move round here, never hardly stopped raining all bloody year, it’s just mud and slutch every where you go here.

robcourt82

Reaction score
The stretch of mid/upper Thames we fish is just getting lower and lower. My local canalised river is gin clear and barely moving and the back streams are empty. It seems our country is using way more than it is receiving yet there is no mention of it at all in the press. Something is massively amiss in my eyes.