Help attaching Photographs to posts

Artie

Reaction score
Good morning, here is one that has compleatly fooled me. I have created an album & added pics okay so far, I have attempted to download photographs to the gallery (correct size) the programs go through the motions but no end result. when I attempt to attatch poto to post via the insert box, a widow tells me I have no photos in the Gallery. I am obviousley omitting something or doing something wrong. Help will be much appreciated.

nottskev

Reaction score
Hi Artie, This eludes a lot of people, and, like many others, I use an intermediary image-hosting site.

I've been using Postimage - free, easy to use and reliable so far.

Once you've registered, upload your pics to your Postimage gallery following the instructions.

When you want to put a pic on FM, start your post, bring up your Postimage gallery, select your pic and click on it. Above the expanded pic you will see a box "Share". Click that, and a set of links will appear above the pic. Choose the one labelled "Direct" and copy it.

Go back to your FM post. Click on the little yellow icon above the box. It looks like a postcard with a grey triangle. Click on this, and it will offer a box above, with some blurb in it. Delete the blub, paste in the link you copied and click ok. Your pic will now appear in your post. We hope.

There may be other ways, but that works fine for me. Good luck.

Artie

Reaction score
Morning, Barbeboi & Nottskev, thanks for your help, I will certainly look at No 44. Notteskev I find is odd that one can upload direct from computer to FM why is a third party is needed or is that just an option?

nottskev

Reaction score
Morning, Barbeboi & Nottskev, thanks for your help, I will certainly look at No 44. Notteskev I find is odd that one can upload direct from computer to FM why is a third party is needed or is that just an option?

I went the third-party route because I had no success in using FM's own galleries and processes, and others confirmed the problem when I asked for help just as you have.

So I guess it should be just an option, but it turned out to be needed.

Good luck.