Shotgun feeders

flightliner

Reaction score
I watched a friend using one of these yesterday and tho I've not used one personally as yet I was impressed with the way they operate and will consider using them next season on a water I'm thinking of fishing.
Anyone used them?

chrissh

Reaction score
I use them for the first time this summer had some good results with then the only down side I come across is that the ground bait/pellet mix need to be wetter then I like it To be to keep the plunger from shooting the feed out on the cast

bracket

Reaction score
I use them for the first time this summer had some good results with then the only down side I come across is that the ground bait/pellet mix need to be wetter then I like it To be to keep the plunger from shooting the feed out on the cast

Flight. I have used these for sometime now and have mixed feeling about them. They are OK when functioning right. Chrissh has nailed it, you need to get the consistency of what ever your feeding correct or you will suffer premature ejaculation (from the feeder of course). Pete.

flightliner

Reaction score
chrissh, I was watching the angler on my local commy, the one we met beside.
He was using the feeders on the split pond with a combination of scalded pellets and a tiny plug of groundbait .
It seemed to work ok as I never saw him lose any of the contents while I was there, he told me that the water/ groundbait ratio was important.
Pete, " premature ejaculation" now come on :D !!

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
I for some reason bought a pair of shotgun feeders, don't know why they've been sat in a drawer since the day I bought them.

The bad one

Reaction score
Nearly £4 a pop for an inline feeder :eek:....... Someone's having a laugh at people with more money than sense.:eek:mg:

rayner

Reaction score
Nearly £4 a pop for an inline feeder :eek:....... Someone's having a laugh at people with more money than sense.:eek:mg:

That's a little unfair, it's not good to have a pop at folk for spending a couple of quid.
My particular feeders were a complete waste of money, the thing is it's my cash to waste not someone else's. I don't think I've lost any sleep over my wasted money.
As for sense it's not something I need :D