Tackle box

dalesman

Reaction score
In need of a new tackle box, my old fox box has given up the ghost.

Need a quality flat modular box about 14'' long X 12'' wide with a long central section for floats.

Philip

Reaction score
I cant really recommend a specific box (I am sure others will) but what I would say is after using various different boxes including the Fox one I now use a small clam type box for rig bits and a separate float tube.

May not be your cup of tea but everything became allot easier to manage and store once I separated the floats and long items from the rig bits.

Footnote...I notice you mention a roving bag...thats exactly why I now use the clam box ..both that and the float tube slip easily into pockets on my fishing waistcoat.

dalesman

Reaction score
I cant really recommend a specific box (I am sure others will) but what I would say is after using various different boxes including the Fox one I now use a small clam type box for rig bits and a separate float tube.

May not be your cup of tea but everything became allot easier to manage and store once I separated the floats and long items from the rig bits.

Footnote...I notice you mention a roving bag...thats exactly why I now use the clam box ..both that and the float tube slip easily into pockets on my fishing waistcoat.

Roving bag also carry's a flask and butties for a long day on the river

dalesman

Reaction score
Greys do, or did, two different sizes. The standard version is approx. 14x10x4". The compact version is approx. 12.5x8.75x2.75".

Greys site is just showing the deep version with the draws underneath which aren't required and called on the site as compact box

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I have several of the Wychwood lock boxes ( TFG are the same) in both large and medium. You can customise the compartment configuration and they mostly come with those handy little clip top boxes too. I much prefer these to the Fox or Grey's boxes.

Worth a look.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Greys site is just showing the deep version with the draws underneath which aren't required and called on the site as compact box

Nope, the Greys website is showing both sizes. The Tacklebase is the bigger of the two (left hand one on the linked page), the Tacklebase compact is smaller (right hand one on the linked page). Look closely and you'll see they are different. The dimensions I gave are from me measuring the boxes I've got in front of me. Both sizes do indeed feature drawers, but you'd not previously hinted that drawers would be unacceptable, only that the Greys was too big for your bag.

chrissh

Reaction score
i use korum ITM box and greys float box the float box fits inside the korum

rsz_p3270010.jpg
[/url]

[/IMG]

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For my float tube I use a empty Korda pva tube. I think it's the middle sized one and I can get half a dozen bolo floats of various in it. If you wanted to take more floats the larger diameter tube would be a good choice.

The bad one

Reaction score
Make your own? Nothing more satisfying than making a purpose built box to your spec. Fantastic projects, I have at least 4 I've made over the years.
One is a hybrid, plastic lower deepish 2 inch bottom section and 1/2 inch wooden top section that takes all the floats in those foam slotted pads.

B

binka