Desperate excuse for a post

nottskev

Reaction score
If you're wondering what to do with your gear til it warms up, you could always
take a trip to Ikea and store it all away in these little filing cabinets. The drawers are app. 9.5" x 15" x 4", so they hold reels up to Shimano 4000 size and swallow a lot of floats, rigs, feeders.....
This cupboard got a lot tidier as a result. That's about as exciting as it has got these last few days.

Any good ideas for storing the sprawling mass of gear most of us seem to accumulate?

drawers.jpg

john step

Reaction score
If you're wondering what to do with your gear til it warms up, you could always
take a trip to Ikea and store it all away in these little filing cabinets. The drawers are app. 9.5" x 15" x 4", so they hold reels up to Shimano 4000 size and swallow a lot of floats, rigs, feeders.....
This cupboard got a lot tidier as a result. That's about as exciting as it has got these last few days.

Any good ideas for storing the sprawling mass of gear most of us seem to accumulate?

drawers.jpg

You are now in line for a Binka approved NEAT AND TIDY AWARD:wh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice idea but a trip to IKEA definitely isn't.:eek:

steve2

Reaction score
I already have 2 of these for storing my lures and pike bits and pieces. But I still can’t find what I want when I want it. Trouble is I never put anything back to where it came from. Suppose now is the time to do but it’s to cold to work in the shed so it will have to wait.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
In my tackle shed I have a wooden curtain pole screwed in to roof battens complete with curtain rings, my reels stems are between 2 rings for each reel on the pole and they are there for when I need them. My pole winder trays with pole rigs are in a metal cabinet with shallow drawers, it was once used for storing bobbins of cotton, there are about 25 drawers, some of the other drawers hold spools of line, some are partitioned so I use those for storing floats, others store sundry items like spare tubs of shot, pole elastics and connectors,they are to shallow for reel spools so they are on a shelving unit, bags of groundbait and pellets are in large clear lidded containers from Dunelm, major tackle items such as holdalls seatboxes and chairs, and carryalls and PI space shuttle are along the back wall, baitbags and small carry bags are on the walls, straps looped over screw in hooks like cupholders,

Philip

Reaction score
Plastic cuboards & trunks like those used in the garden can be good to store tackle in a shed or garage....plus if it gets grubby you can just empty it out carry it outside & hose it down.

Bait wise for seeds, pellets, grounbait I stick in a plastic dustbin with a lid in the shed. Nothing for mice or rats to chew on and keeps it all nice and dry.

Last edited: