Ordering online

Ijjwsg

Reaction score
Well this month I orders several orders from China on Thursday 7th 1 from Austria and 2 from UK all same day ie 7th. Results are frankly very disappointing in regards to UK. Today I received 2 packages from China all goods as ordered. Also received notification of the packages from UK and Austria. Austria posted Friday and now in UK for delivery tomorrow. UK posed but delivery expected Wednesday.

Tell me where is the service in this country if they want to survive. People will and do elsewhere to et service.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I understand your frustrations but do bear in mind that there is a distinct possibility the goods you've bought from China have arrived here fraudulently, I.e. not paying any VAT. Still annoying though I must admit.

Ijjwsg

Reaction score
I understand your frustrations but do bear in mind that there is a distinct possibility the goods you've bought from China have arrived here fraudulently, I.e. not paying any VAT. Still annoying though I must admit.

Not fraudulent as item was below the limits. I’m happy to pay when due as I often do business with Japan and US and pay when due. That is beside the point as my gripe was with dispatch and delivery not price.

B

binka

Tell me where is the service in this country if they want to survive.

It's the British way :)

Whilst Johnny Foreigner was winding his way across the globe with your goods, your postie was locked in a dispute with his gaffer because it wasn't in his job description that he had to check the tyre depths on his van and the head honcho insisted he did as his superiors didn't want to be up for corporate manslaughter if things went tits up.

Add the recent half an inch of snow which brought the country to a standstill, and the seasonal disruption to the already poor delivery times and it's a recipe for a Chinese takeaway.

Cynical...

Moi? :D

Joking aside and out of interest who were the UK outlets?

I've always found delivery times to be reasonable but you're obviously experiencing a problem.

thecrow

Reaction score
I have ordered lots of stuff from china always arrives before expected day, how can it be fraudulent? how do you pay VAT on 20 pence?

Some stuff I have ordered from places in this country have been so slow on delivery I could have walked there and picked it up quicker. We even have to pay VAT on the shipping of any tackle thanks to the EU poking there noses into our business again.

flightliner

Reaction score
I've only ordered from China the once. It was a roll of cammaflaged tape.To say it came from the other side of the world in less than a week made me think the gear was already in this country , hard to say really but it's not impossible these days I suppose.
The tape incidentally was a no brainer being an eigth of the price of a well known country products supplier, great stuff thats wearing well.

terry m

Reaction score
I've only ordered from China the once. It was a roll of cammaflaged tape.To say it came from the other side of the world in less than a week made me think the gear was already in this country , hard to say really but it's not impossible these days I suppose.
The tape incidentally was a no brainer being an eigth of the price of a well known country products supplier, great stuff thats wearing well.

I ordered some of that stuff. But dropped it on the lawn and could never find it again.

john step

Reaction score
Just had a reply to a Ebay resolution about some trebles going AWOL in the post.

Pauls Tackle who I have bought from before has stepped up to the line and posted a replacement package, stating several items have gone astray at this time.

Thanks Pauls Tackle. Will buy from you again.

rayner

Reaction score
My wife ordered a cork globe for my Daughter from over here.
It came quick as, the trouble was a large globe was ordered at 79 quid. The globe that came was a small model, still charged at 79 quid.
No trouble sending it back and was reimbursed.
Makes you wonder how many times they tried it on with others and got away with it.

mikench

Reaction score
Checked on Amazon for a few Xmas deliveries expected today to read that they were handed to customer! The wife is out and I looked all over the house and couldn't find any packages! I then checked the front porch and there they were!:confused:

I must be the invisible man!:rolleyes:

john step

Reaction score
My wife ordered a cork globe for my Daughter from over here.
It came quick as, the trouble was a large globe was ordered at 79 quid. The globe that came was a small model, still charged at 79 quid.
No trouble sending it back and was reimbursed.
Makes you wonder how many times they tried it on with others and got away with it.

Yes you have to be vigilant. I was browsing for a small trailer tent last year.
Up popped a small trailer tent for £349 I remember.
There are old tents for this price but upon closer inspection the photo and description was for a model like one of those Dinkey Toys:confused:

Steve King

Reaction score
As an experiment I ordered about a tenners worth of stuff from Wish. A nice little multi jointed plug bait finished in realistic colours, various swivels, some traces, a watch and chain with a wolf motif and a wrist compass.

It has all arrived safely over a three week period and I'm pleased with my purchases.

I'm not in the market for a new reel, but there are some tasty looking reels on Wish!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Just had a reply to a Ebay resolution about some trebles going AWOL in the post.

Pauls Tackle who I have bought from before has stepped up to the line and posted a replacement package, stating several items have gone astray at this time.

Thanks Pauls Tackle. Will buy from you again.

I've used them several times. Really good.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
BTW I should warn you all that Wish isn't family friendly and have no kind of age restriction in place.
You should have realised that before you ordered a plug Steve.

How did it fit by the way? Just asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk