Royal Wedding or FA Cup final?

B

binka

Well...

We have a Queen who has sat idly by whilst incompetent Governments after Governments have turned the rat race into a something that's worst than a rat race (words fail me!) in front of a Parliament where certain and many (?) individuals have milked the life out of every last bit of cash for their own personal gain, including the expenses scandal, whilst caning it down to us mere mortals, and not withstanding their attempts to deliberately cover it all up!

So given the right to intervene and the lack of intervention, and speaking as a former royalist myself I say...

.... you Madge and your descendant's wedding!

The royal tush is extremely lazy of late and you clearly don't care about those who keep you by legal demand so what the .... should I care about you?

If I'm lucky there might be a 177th repeat of Only Fools & Horses on a different channel!

(There's a clue in the title of the alternative)

Sorry Madge, but times have overtaken you and we feel let down.

In short and without going into players and wages...

Neither!

barbelboi

Reaction score
I was fishing on the Thames at Cookham on Chas and Di's - an ef in hot day and struggled for bites...........

sam vimes

Reaction score
I was in the Falklands for the last royal wedding. I didn't get a day off and I didn't watch. I doubt I'd have watched it if I had got a day off.

I've no idea what I might be up to or where I might be for the next one, but I doubt I'll be watching. I'll definitely be watching the FA Cup final, if my team are playing. Whilst that does mean there's a theoretical chance that I'll be watching, I wouldn't put a penny on it actually happening.

B

binka

I was fishing on the Thames at Cookham on Chas and Di's - an ef in hot day and struggled for bites...........

I remember the day well Jerry, despite only being 12 years of age.

I was fishing a local (due to obvious constraints :D) lake and I missed my only bite whilst trying to catch a tench in the margins on breadflake.

A real tragedy...

And then Charles and Di separated....

theartist

Reaction score
Isn't prince Harry a Gooner? Given that they are always in the final it'll mean she's getting taken up the Arsenal.

They may even go to the game too :wh

carpinbob

Reaction score
Neither

Not in the least been interested in a bunch over paid idiots who prance about, and as for the royal wedding would sooner watch paint dry.

steve2

Reaction score
Unless I am on the invite list to these I will being doing something far more interesting. I wont be fishing I never fish at weekends, so that leaves watching paint dry or grass grow.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Its the endless build up that's gonna drive me mad, Megan mania on its way. I might opt for cryogenic freezing for 6 months.
Still, on the bright side; gonna be a good day for a bit of close season fishing, there's always a silver lining.
eeek-only joking

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
We will be in Antigua on holiday. My wife was a little disappointed that she would miss it. I said, don't worry there are plenty of other soccer matches to watch.

:cool:

Another Dave

Reaction score
I have no desire to watch a parade of the overpaid mega rich, prancing about in their traditional finery in a desperate attempt to convince us that this country is still at the top. And i don't want to watch the royal wedding either!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
.I was visiting Los Angeles and living in a hotel when Diana and Charles were to be married.

A few days before the wedding one of the receptionists at the hotel kept asking me if I wanted an early morning call so I could watch the wedding live on TV.

I kept on replying, no, thank you and the night before she asked me "how can you bear to be away when your Prince and Princess are getting married?"

I simply told her that I'd been waiting for my invitation for the day and when it never arrived I just said, sod, it, I'm going on holiday . . . her face was a picture . . . .

I doubt I'll watch the wedding of Harry and Megan but I'll definitely be watching the Cup Final . . . .