Shhh - Keep This Thread From Graham!

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I have been running a collection for Graham Marsden to get him a small something to mark his retirement from FM and to as a thankyou for all his efforts in making the site what it is today.A fair few have already chipped in but I wanted to throw it open to everyone in case other posters wanted to make a contribution.

If anyone wants to chip in they can send it to me via Paypal at nigel.jane1@virgin.net.For those who have not used Paypal it is easy to set just click on here Paypal and follow the instructions.

Cut off date has to be Wednesday for reasons which will become clear later.

Thanks

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks for the contributions so far.Just bringing this to the top.

W

Wolfman Woody

OR send a message to Nigel if you want his address to send a cheque.

This also bumps the thread to the top again.

Muffin

Reaction score
Done!

will bring this back to the top.

Simon

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Hell Peter, 04:44

Am I entitled to say "What was that 'bump' during the night !!!"

Hat, coat and scarf on.................................

The Monk

Reaction score
Oh shit, I`ve missed the cut off date/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, do you take plastic mate?

but shouldnt we be having a collection so that he doiesnt retire, I`ve got a feeling be will all be forced into retirment after Grahams gone, seriously who could take over from Graham, I dont beileve such a person exists?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Merv,

I cheat a little; I am up and about by 4am UK time, but that is 5am my time here in Paris.

Jeff, no need to 'bump' I made the thread a 'sticky'

Windy

Reaction score
Just checking, did my contrib get through OK ? Paypal and Fleabay being as reliable as they are and all.....

- true story, somebody tried to hack into my other half's Paypal account and withdraw £600 odd. Failed as there was nowt in there.... /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif.

So what does Paypal do ? apologise for the ease with which its password protection can be broken by some scammer and offer a voucher for summat or other in compensation ?

Nope. They freeze my significant other's account because it has exceeded the allowed throughput ! ie. the value of her sales and purchases over the year, plus the scammer's £600 out and refund in exceed the level at which they consider it to still be a personal and not business account. So they freeze it !!!

And to unfreeze it.... helpful ? Nope. Some idiot from a call centre rings up and tells her that she has to send in two or three types of ID and her own private bank statement for the relevant period, including all the personal details that such a statement reveals. Why ? To be sure that she isn't in league with the scammer their carp systems allowed in...

Needless to say she isn't sending any personal bank statements to anyone and told PP to go and get stuffed in no uncertain terms.

Beggars belief sometimes dunnit.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Jeff, no need to 'bump' I made the thread a 'sticky' </blockquote>

Ah, but if you just go to "LATEST POSTINGS" it drops down the list.

so - BUMP!

Just in case other do like me.