Anyone fishing over Christmas?

B

binka

I'm in work early tomorrow for a couple of hours but I will have the car loaded and ready beforehand so that I can get straight off to the river, hopefully I will be fishing for 9am.

I'm playing it by ear for Christmas Day, if I don't turn out it will be the first I've missed for many years but i'll see how I feel and how much I sup tomorrow night.

Boxing Day looks likely or, if not, the day after that but i'll think about where and what for nearer the time as it's going to drop cold again.

For now though it's three pints of krilled reds, a few maggot feeders and a new rod to christen :)

Anyone else got plans?

thecrow

Reaction score
With the weather we are having I would like to be able to say I was but as usual I will be the transport driver to anywhere anyone wants to go (that really means SWMBO) but I dare not say that as she is sat next to me :D good luck with you angling over the next few days and with Christening your (another :) ) new rod.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Hoping to get out on Thursday for my annual Christmas blank on the Wey. Feeling uncomfortably confident at the moment due to the mild temperatures but I'm sure that will change! Happy Christmas to all!

barbelboi

Reaction score
$od off - it'll take me at least a couple of weeks to recover from the festive spirit - then there's New Years eve to consider and any other day with a 'Y' in it - we're probably looking at the back end of February............;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonn'a play it by ear and also how I feel, in serious pain just now so gott'a wait and see how things pan out.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'm planning to fish the river tomorrow and hopefully fish a mini match with SOM on Christmas Day. So while most of the population eat horrid dry turkey and get pi55ed I'll be fishing and eating salmon paste sarnies. yummmm...

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
That is the general plan i was intending to go tomorrow but seems i may have to remain here waiting for a delivery (bit of luck it will arrive early) then maybe give my local cut a try on bread as i have no maggots Christmas day meat in oven then the canal for a few hours then back to finish cooking then consume dinner (Roast lamb cant stand turkey) .

PG ...

mikench

Reaction score
Hoping for a few days out after Boxing Day ! I might just have something from Santa to protect from the weather!:rolleyes:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Still thinking about it, logistics of carrying rods and gear to London what with the trains all disrupted. And my family have everything planned for me and that does not include fishing which is a shame as I will be near the Thames, so I might just have to tell them all to sod off, so I might be fishing but end up sleeping in a doorway so we will see, depends how the wind blows.

Whatever, hope every one has nice Christmas.

terry m

Reaction score
Was planning on going today, but woke up and just could not be bothered.

Spent all day pottering around and doing small bits and pieces that have built up, nothing major but very productive and therapeutic to boot.

Will probably be getting out on 27th and 28th, so hopefully the weather will be kind.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Looks like i might get out in the morning as there are zero family functions to attend to just brother and myself so i aint rushing with dinner i detect a fishy morning on the cut .

PG ...

jasonbean1

Reaction score
I'll be out today on a local stretch of the Cherwell today hopefully teasing a few roach out on the float.

Had the last week off work and had some cracking fishing on the Thames through oxford with lots of big roach, chub and a very welcome barbel. Lucky to draw a flier on the upper Thames at Clanfield yesterday and 3 decent chub obliged for a match winning 11lb 12oz.

Still have another week off so will hopefully get into some big perch has I haven't had many this year off the thames

My favourite time if the year on the river....

mikench

Reaction score
There was never any prospect of going fishing today and I am already receiving petulant looks about" messing with my fishing buddies" rather than being the heart and soul!:rolleyes:

Mind you looking at the weather, torrential rain and high winds, I am happy to drink my prosecco and anticipate Christmas dinner with family!

john step

Reaction score
There was never any prospect of going fishing today and I am already receiving petulant looks about" messing with my fishing buddies" rather than being the heart and soul!:rolleyes:

Mind you looking at the weather, torrential rain and high winds, I am happy to drink my prosecco and anticipate Christmas dinner with family!

No high winds or rain here in Gods county. Just a bit breezy and very mild. Mind you I wouldn't dare even think about going fishing until after Christmas.:D

B

binka

If it's any consolation to those who can't get out today I'm having an absolute belter on the river :D

And not a smelly sprout in sight!

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well jusyt got back in i was going tpo try the cut but went and looked at it clearer than tap water so give it a miss and headed for the club pool right decission or what .

14 Crucians 2 Tench 3 Carp i call that a decent day well 09:30 till 12 :45 .

Home and cooking now the forcast was yellow warning for snow this afternoon so best place now ...

Enjoy whats left of your Christmas all ..

PG ...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I only fished from 12 till 1.30 and had howling winds, driving rain and then sunny spells with not so stro g winds....very strange. I started to walk back to the wheels as the wind picked up and the blobs of rain started to splatter arond me again. The car temp gauge read close to 10 degrees but that wind made if feel horribly cold, even worse as i'd forgotton to take a waterproof and got soaked making it feel even colder.
Had a few chub though so it wasn't all bad.
Got home to find the house like the mary selest! Then had a call from my mrs saying that her dad was in ozzy....it isn't looking to good....effin Crimbo....full of joy and happiness, yeah right!