What did you get?

laguna

Reaction score
I ended up getting a nice fishy decorated thermos, a Guinness gift set glass and some accompanying bottles, sweeties, and a jumper or three - none thick enough to wear yet!

I've got one or two more to open later after dinner, I've had a shake and a guess - but nothing exciting by the sound of it. :wh

So what did you get?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got zilch, zero, nada!
I had my prezzie a few weeks back so I can't complain.

Just got back in from a couple of hours trotting for chub which was as good a prezzie as any really :).

mikench

Reaction score
Santa must be an angler because he brought me a, Nash caribou parka, a Trakker Tempest brolly and a Trakker skullcap to go with it! No complaints at all !

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The landlord down at The Coach and Horses very kindly bought me a pint this lunch time, will be the last as he and his wife are retiring after a long tenure of the pub. A lovely old fashioned boozer, a proper pub, it saddens me to think when they have gone so will the character of the pub and this time next year we'll have Sky Tv blasting out whilst drinking alcho pops.:(
iWRLd1h.jpg

That's all I got..............not quite, I did of course treat myself to a Drennan lure rod and Shimano Stradic reel, that'll do nicely.

Hope you're all totally stuffed and snoozing in front of the tv as the geriatrics sitting around me all are.:)

B

binka

Eleven good sized bream, five good chub and four chunky barbel :D

Best Christmas for many a year...

thecrow

Reaction score
Nothing fishy but it seems I need to start showering more than the once a day I do now judging by the amount of deodorant I have had given to me :eek:

rich66

Reaction score
A Korum snapper jig rod, a bigger landing net ( hope beats eternal ) some punch’s and a few other fishy bits, plus some other bits. And way too much to eat !

john step

Reaction score
A pair of Santa type socks::( and a Korum all in one rod holdall:)

lambert1

Reaction score
Stitched up that is what I got! A set of waders."But darling" says I, we are not allowed to wade on club waters."
" Yes but this time of year they would be good to wear on the bank in case you slip in " she replies. Good point I think seeing the practicalities of it. Then came the punch line. "And you can get in the fish pond and clear it out properly as you have said you would for the last 3 years.":D

steve2

Reaction score
Nothing fishy at all unless you count smoked salmon and prawns. Present wise various items of clothing that we bought before Christmas.

Did get a phone call on Christmas Eve to say the new windows for the house will be fitted on the 3rd January if that counts.

rayner

Reaction score
My Daughter gave me a nice jumper, everything else I bought through the year as I needed/wanted them.
We normally have a good Christmas, this year we had the finest Christmas day ever.

Keith M

Reaction score
My only fishing related gifts this year were a fishing shop Gift token which will come in handy for when I refresh all my reel spools with new line, and one of Drennans new compact two rod Quivers.

There’s nothing else I really need fishing wise this year.

Keith

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
My Daughter gave me a nice jumper, everything else I bought through the year as I needed/wanted them.
We normally have a good Christmas, this year we had the finest Christmas day ever.

I'm glad Rayner and assume your plumbing problem was resolved!:)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Well nothing fishy from anyone......just some cash, which is good.

So today I ordered myself a drennan acolyte distance feeder....which will be put to good use on my local Thames weir pools.

Dave Bartell

Reaction score
Pants ! The elastic was wearing on my old warriors and the contents of the afore-mentioned were beginning to hang shamelessly down my inside leg like the last turkey in the shop ! Boring, but oh so needed !!!

john step

Reaction score
Pants ! The elastic was wearing on my old warriors and the contents of the afore-mentioned were beginning to hang shamelessly down my inside leg like the last turkey in the shop ! Boring, but oh so needed !!!

Reminds me of an occasion I was wearing an old pair of pants and the waist elastic was rather suspect. It gave way when at work and each leg hole hung down its respective trouser leg. Most uncomfortable:eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Mostly stuff that I avoid buying for myself as I'd rather buy more fishing gear. A frying pan, some fitted sheets and a dirty great bath towel. I did manage to get a pair of waders into the mix. That was as close to actual fishing gear I dare ask for. If I had asked for rods or reels I'd have been told to ****** off.

Ijjwsg

Reaction score
A new lure rod and a Shimano Stradic Ci4 C3000 and a spare 2500 spool a few spools of braid an a few lures and bits and bobs - got the relatives, wife and children well trained. Mind you wasn’t without pain at the perfume and jewellery shops. Also got a free pass to go fishing all this week.