What are your angling intentions for 2018?

B

binka

I nearly said targets there but that sounds too much like hard work, so what are your angling intentions for 2018?

Quite simple for me really, to reshape my fishing around my new lifestyle and carry on enjoying every minute of it.

The 4lb perch will always be high on the agenda but otherwise I can't really say I've got any must do's.

How about you?

mikench

Reaction score
To try lure fishing for pike plus more river fishing for whatever I can catch!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Just to go and enjoy myself as normal. As ever, I prefer to catch bigger or lots, but no particular targets will be set.

Reaction score
Lol,well John, you will make several guys on here feel I'll,mentioning the b word,they love a little slime on their tackle...

The bad one

Reaction score
To stay alive and may be catch a fish or two if they'll give themselves up easy enough :D

terry m

Reaction score
Same as in previous years:-
1. To enjoy myself
2. A 30lb pike. (Yet again on the list of intentions/targets), I live in hope!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Try and have a better year than this last one!

Keith M

Reaction score
To do more Tench fishing.

They have always been my favourite species (followed by Barbel and large Roach) but in the last few years the Tench have become as rare as hens teeth in the waters that I fish in Herts and Beds and they used to be quite common a few years ago.

I’ve only had around four or five really small ones at most this past year.

Keith

Last edited:

peterjg

Reaction score
I plan to carry on roach fishing and get to know my new club waters better. If a few accidental catches of crucians come my way I will just have to grin and bare it .....

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To try lure fishing for pike

I highly recommend that Mike. Don't get disheartened if like me you kick off with a few blank sessions.

During my first few sessions I would occasionally snag and think "hello, what have we here" but when I finally had my first proper "hit" it felt absolutely nothing like getting snagged and an adrenalin filled few moments ensued, brilliant feeling. Only had the one on lure so far but hope there will be plenty more to follow.

So that will be one of my intentions at the start and end of 2018 and I hope inbetween plenty more Rudd and Tench, the hope of a 5lb Chub and my first double figure pike.

To catch my first Barbel would be the icing on the cake.

shane99

Reaction score
a 2lb Perch from my pond, it wont beat my best but it would mean a lot

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Just to get out more would be nice. Plans never happen so dreaming it would be ...

Zander, Roach, Chub from now till end of Feb
Add some Perching to the above in March
Start dipping my toe into the Carp in April
May ...literally just fish for everything as they all go mental.
June..liked to say Tench but dont have too many good venues close by so probably start a bit of Barbelling
July Carp, Cats, Barbel, Chub stalking
August..probably be somewhere near the sea so a bit of mulleting with coarse tackle
September ..bit like April ...everythings having it so I'll have to clone myself to be in several places at once
October...A last river Carp before it slows down then get my Roach head on
November & December Roach, Zander & Chub. Maybe a good Dace if I can find a few.

Well thats the dream. :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I shall keep trying for a decent perch and maybe a zandr trip or two just for old times sake. That will do me until April when i shall get the trout rods out. With more time on me hands than ever before i hope to make the most of the summer. Another go at the cats is a definate....and crucian and tench. Id like to do more barbelling too but i've not really got access to good barbel fishing.

I'll leave the carp until the autumn but I'll definately be having another go.

Never been one for targets but a 3lb stripey would be good and id like to push my pb crucian up a bit too.

flightliner

Reaction score
To join a good club, to fish as much as swmbo will allow.
To catch on days when I think I should having read all the signs correctly.
Even catch when the odds are against me.
Catch a few biggies.
Catch lots of small ones.
Enjoy good company.
Enjoy every single minute by the waterside.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
to take less tackle when pleasure fishing,
fish a few more matches in the match club I am in instead of picking and choosing which ones to go to, keep bailiffing for my main club and stay polite even if someone has broken a couple of rules,
and the main thing for 2018 is try and be nice to the grandson when he catches more than me and keeps reminding me on the way home,