More than a frog in the throat!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
A fisherman was brought back to life after a Dover Sole came off its hook and slipped down his throat, blocking his airways with its gills.
The 28 year old was joking about with friends at Boscombe in Dorset when he dangled the flat fish he had just caught above his mouth but it managed to wriggle free and slipped down his trachea, completely blocking his airways.
Paramedics rushed to the pier where the group were fishing to find the man unconscious, not breathing and going into cardiac arrest. The unnamed man was given constant CPR and after six attempts to remove the flatfish, they managed to get him breathing again.
Medic Matt Harison said "I have never attended a more bizarre incident and don't think I ever will"-but we are so glad he has no lasting effects from his cardiac arrest which so easily could have had a tragic outcome.

Bizarre world we live in!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ah right, I just picked it up in the Freshwater Informer, November issue. Don't worry, I am making a habit of this lately; I am working my way backwards in life now, seems like a good idea.