So called Angler

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Did anyone see the footage on a facebook page of a so called carp angler throwing an estimated 6lb bream over his head as if throwing a bouquet at a wedding back into the water, This was filmed at Boundrey Water Park near Knutsford in Cheshire, he was associated with Sticky Bait who issued a statement saying he is no longer associated with them due to his actions, He has been banned from Three clubs he was in in namely PAAS, Nantwich and Winsford, His name is on a couple of other forums, I did not post it on here because I am not sure on the rules regarding that, The footage on whos facebook page made it available for all to see has been removed,

The bad one

Reaction score
Yes I did, thoroughly disgusting! I hope that the clubs that have allegedly banned him make it public knowledge within the club.

The bad one

Reaction score
I haven't seen this but I thank you for not providing a link that would have given him more publicity, disgraceful behaviour.

Graham the video has been deleted from FB so a link couldn't be provided even if one wanted too.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I did see the clip and to be honest this attitude is not new. One carp angler I spoke to once at an old club lake, said all non carp should be removed.

cassey

Reaction score
Pity the link was taken down, he deserved all the publicity it would have provided to have him banned from fisheries and hopefully left him open to prosecution.

Just as worrying as his stupidity and what seems to be an increasing holier than thou attitude of carpers, is the lack of condemnation from this forum. Just 4 poster !!!

thecrow

Reaction score
Just because of the actions of one carp "angler" I don't believe that they should all be tarred with the same brush, he is one of thousands of carp anglers most of whom would not treat other species in this manner.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the video on FB an thought it was reprehensible.

I know a lot the angler who posted to that thread, many of whom were members on here in the distant past.

It was good to see that a lot of them in his area are contacting every club and fishery to publicise his poor treatment of fish.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Peter his name has been flagged in the club I am in, I am a bailiff for the club, and if by any chance he slips through the net so to speak and manages to join the club, he wont be in it long if either myself or the other bailiffs come across him, his card will be removed there and then.
His details have been passed on to the EA and the angling trust in the hope that he will be prosecuted under the cruelty to wildlife act,

sam vimes

Reaction score
I saw the thread on Facebook before it was pulled. The lad concerned was roundly (and rightly) condemned by all and sundry. As it was on the Carpworld page, The majority of those condemning him will have been carpers. He's reportedly been banned by three clubs and lost his Sticky Baits sponsorship. There are very few out and out carpers on this forum and the majority on here will known nothing about the story. Carpers denounced the kid and carpers got him punished. There's very little that needs to be added.

thecrow

Reaction score
if either myself or the other bailiffs come across him, his card will be removed there and then

Mark just playing devils advocate here, just suppose he does manage to join the club you bailiff for but breaks none of the club rules, it would be very difficult to justify removing his club card and in todays climate it could very well end up in court.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from, when you sign up to join my club you have to declare that you have not been expelled or suspended from any other fishing club, He has been expelled from three as far as can be determined PAAS Nantwich and Winsford, there are 3 in my area that keep in touch with each other over banned members,

Last edited:

Reaction score
Total prat and has no place on any fishery IMO.

flightliner

Reaction score
I rub shoulders with carp anglers most of the summer and autumn months.
To a man they are all good guys who I share info with-- me telling them if I,ve seen any carp showing where I,m sat and they have no hesitation telling me of an area where they have taken Bream.
Sure, from time to time we jest about each others targets but it's just angling banter.
Once I was sat catching well and a carper next to me never stopped helping with the weighing , photographing and returning of my catch as well as supplying constant cups of tea , coffee and biscuits
thro out the day as the Bream kept coming one after the other.
Isnt that how we should see and treat each other as well as the fish we choose to catch?.

mikench

Reaction score
Another Facebook fan bites the dust!:( I have no sympathy for the idiot but why act like a prat and tell the world!

lewis

Reaction score
Did anyone see the footage on a facebook page of a so called carp angler throwing an estimated 6lb bream over his head as if throwing a bouquet at a wedding back into the water, This was filmed at Boundrey Water Park near Knutsford in Cheshire, he was associated with Sticky Bait who issued a statement saying he is no longer associated with them due to his actions, He has been banned from Three clubs he was in in namely PAAS, Nantwich and Winsford, His name is on a couple of other forums, I did not post it on here because I am not sure on the rules regarding that, The footage on whos facebook page made it available for all to see has been removed,

absolutley shocking behaviour i am going to fish a few pits near this area that is disgraceful

cassey

Reaction score
My sincere apologies to Markcw & The Bad One on this thread, I have somehow managed to click something and your posts are “Disliked” by me in one stroke. This is not the case for any of the posts.

If anyone can tell this eejit how to undo my mistake I’d be gratefull.

Reaction score
My sincere apologies to Markcw & The Bad One on this thread, I have somehow managed to click something and your posts are “Disliked” by me in one stroke. This is not the case for any of the posts.

I certain!y can't,as I've done the self same thing a few times,its very embarrassing at best.:eek:mg:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score

Cassey, thanks, I was sure it was a mistake because you clicked liked on another post in the same thread, I cant even click like, thanks etc and I would like to ask someone how I get the option of doing it because at the moment I do not have the option