damp shed

Reaction score
guys,

Ive just spent the last few hours clearing out my shed sorting a few bits out i the opened my bedchair oh my god ive not used it for about a month but covered in mould,had a look through a few holdalls ive got same story is there anything else i can do to stop the dampness have waterproofed only this summer....

F

Frothey

make sure you get decent airflow thru the shed, and keep stuff off the floor

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Solar mate, Buy a large bag of salt and put it in a deep bowl, and place the bowl in the middle of the floor, this will absorb the dampness into the bowl after a few days.

During the day time open the hut door for a few hours this will allow the clean air to circulate the inside of your hut.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Depending how much spare time you have to do it, you can always build a wooden slat floor about 1/2" above the original. This will aid air circulation and get your stuff off the floor!

If you are going to store your gear for long periods between sessions, wrapping it in plastic can help (just make sure it is totally dry before doing so).

stephen webb

Reaction score
Les you missed the last bit off, "bring your gear indoors, and put the wife in the shed" /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif lol

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Double line your shed (including the roof) with some board and put insulation between the outer and inner walls while you do it. Not only will this keep the damp out but it will also hopefully keep the thieving gits out that target sheds!