Locslide float

nottskev

Reaction score
I tried fishing a conventional feeder with a Polaris float, in a big, exposed Irish lake. I only tried it once - it was like casting out a washing line, and was less effective than either floatfishing or feedering.

I'm not sure why you might want to use a method feeder in tandem with one. Since it's a self-hooking method, won't bites (or rather the rattle of a hooked fish) show up perfectly well on your quiver tip, rod tip or any other indicator at the rod end of the set-up? What will including in a sliding float add?

Have you got some special situation in mind?

mikench

Reaction score
I tried one when I knew no better thinking I needed a float to tell me I had a bite! I still remember the tip winging across which left me in no doubt!:rolleyes:

chrissh

Reaction score
I have used and still go some Polaris when I have been on a tight swim when I can’t angle the rod and had to fish straight out can’t say I was that impressed when used with a feeder or bomb found the sidewinder it better for a tight swim… I do use the Polaris for pike when using dead baits I have found them ok think it’s because of the more stiffer and heaver rod