Rod ring lining

Another Dave

Reaction score
Just noticed that one of the rings on a rod has no ceramic lining. It's only a cheap rod so i don't want to go to too much effort. Can you buy the lining things separately and is it just a case of getting the right size and gluing it in?

chrissh

Reaction score
It’s got to be a complete new rod ring the ceramic are factory fitted, it’s not a hard job re-whipping on a new ring or ask your local tackle shop to do it for you

john step

Reaction score
Easy to do Dave. 1st stop tackle dealer for a new guide then if no good, loads on line. How to whip a new one will be on You tube.
Don't try using it without the ceramic insert though.

Last edited:

lureed

Reaction score
Dave, note you're in Essex. Don't know how close you are to Waltham Abbey, but if you don't fancy the DIY route, Angling Direct in WA do a replacement service; takes a fortnight and will cost around £15.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Dave, note you're in Essex. Don't know how close you are to Waltham Abbey, but if you don't fancy the DIY route, Angling Direct in WA do a replacement service; takes a fortnight and will cost around £15.

There's an Angling Direct closer to me than that - didn't know they did repairs so i'll have a word next time i'm in there.

Thanks everyone.

steve2

Reaction score
A simple job for those of us that have built our own rods, but a forgotten art for those that haven't.
I notice that most rods now have epoxy coating on whippings that will have to be cut through first so you might need to warm the glue to make this easier.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
By the time you have bought the eye, thread and epoxy it will be cheaper to get the dealer to do it. The last one I had done cost about £15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk