Browning window feeders

mikench

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I saw a review and thought I would give one a try. They are like blackcap feeders save that they have a weight at the bottom and the inner plastic moves round to either open or close the window. Being bottom weighted they stand up on the lake / river bed!

In the house they appeared to work well but on the bank after a few casts the window refused to open and still won't !

thecrow

Reaction score
I thought this was going to be about feeding birds with some new window box type feeder but haven't read you report I wont be purchasing any.

nottskev

Reaction score
I've used them a bit, Mike, and found them brilliant. I've seen ones with an adjustable "window", but the ones I use just have a panel cut out. You fill them and then seal them with a smear of groundbait.

I've used them to cast a fair way on a big lake, in The Lakes, in fact, where, end-weighted, they go out like an arrow even when there's a bit of a side-wind. And I've used the smallest ones for roach and skimmers on a deep marina, where it helps that they carry a fair bit of loosefeed, just a bit of groundbait, and deposit the bait in the right spot (unlike a block-end, which might not empty til you are winding it back).

A small one would probably be a good method for winter roach on your favourite lake.

mikench

Reaction score
Kev the one i bought has the adjustable window which you fill through and then twist to close. Once open they will not close and vice versa without the persuasion of pliers!:rolleyes:

I can leave it open and still use which is what I will do. At £1.95 delivered I am not unduly upset.;)

nottskev

Reaction score
Not sure what make mine are. Nicely made, though.

feeder.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
That is definitely a Browning feeder and just like mine! I might buy a small one as suggested by you!:)

nottskev

Reaction score
Is it? Ok. I just checked, and it has a sliding door, but I didn't even notice and I can honestly say it's never been slid! A bit more heavily weighted for it's size than need be, but works a treat filled with maggots and pinkies and sealed with a smudge of groundbait.

mikench

Reaction score
Try it Kev and see if it opens and closes without undue difficulty and pressure. You turn the end opposite to the weighted end!;)

nottskev

Reaction score
Like a Golf! How come I never noticed that? I'll continue leaving it open and sealing it off with a dab of groundbait.