Saturday's and rain!

Reaction score
I've had enough,its rained four Saturdays in a row,all bloody day,Im coming home more miserable than if I'd been at work...wash my mouth out!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had enough,its rained four Saturdays in a row,all bloody day,Im coming home more miserable than if I'd been at work...wash my mouth out!

One of the (very few) benefits of retirement is being able to fish on the good days and avoid the wet ones.

That said I would be so very happy to go back to work.

chrissh

Reaction score
The weather used to annoy me when working… planning & looking forward to the weekend fishing Friday night it would start raining and stop Sunday night just in time for work Monday…
My solution was….Retire early after 3 week the wife is so feed up with you at home she tell you to go fishing to get you out of her way?
Every days a fishing day

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
It's only a few months ago the rivers in the SE were drying up!
We all prefer dry days but no water means no fishing.

B

binka

I'd already written today off in favour of tomorrow and I'm having second thoughts about that.

Funny really...

When I didn't work outside it never bothered me and I would fish through anything but now I spend the vast majority of my time outside I'm finding that I am picking my fishing days more carefully.

I can't say it will make a vast difference to the bigger picture, if I want to go fishing I will still go regardless of the weather.

seth49

Reaction score
I found the same thing Steve, when I worked outside, I picked my days to go fishing a lot more, when I took early retirement from water board, I did eight years working inside in an old mill in Clitheroe, it was a file store for the CSA, and the job was linking new paperwork to the existing files.

It was different to doing pipe work and repairs, that’s for sure, but I’ve always been adaptable and I finished up one of the fastest there, supposed to link, sixty items of post an hour, to one hundred percent accuracy as well, I used to average one hundred an hour.

Anyway while their,unless the water was frozen over I would be fishing every weekend, no matter what the weather, then I was made redundant after eight years, and I got a job outside again,street cleaning for the local council, and went back to picking my days to fish a lot more, my thinking was I have to work in this, but I don’t have to fish in it.

Now I’m retired,over three years now,I just pick the nice days, although I don’t mind a good south westerly wind,and rain in summer.??????

john step

Reaction score
You and me both fed up with it. I have started fishing a few Saturdays recently despite being retired. Yesterday the forecast here was for a cold mostly dry day with a few flurries of the wet stuff.

They got it completely and utterly wrong. It was so mild I sat under my brolly without a coat on watching the persistent heavy rain.

Reaction score
Very nice that John,I'm bloody glad I wasn't there as well,double torture.

Molehill

Reaction score
The forecast here at home is wet every day for next 10 days, 8 of those days include sleet/snow/hail.
Sadly there isn't even a single decent day to grab an opportunity.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
I'm going out tomorrow no matter what, rain in oxford not forecast till the afternoon

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I went for a stroll along the banks of the upper Avon agfter lunch at the pub' and the river is more or less full to the brim.

According to the forecast there is more rain to come this weekend too . . . . . grrr.

In the pub there are some great pictures of the 1956 floods when the river came up to the pub' door

carpinbob

Reaction score
It's dry here in Norfolk at the moment, won't be out though painting the bedroom what joy.

seth49

Reaction score
Raining hard here in Lancashire as usual, looks like it’s in for the day, snow forecast for tomorrow, we have the granddaughter here for the weekend,so not get out yet, getting really fed up with this weather, it’s either raining or freezing.

mikench

Reaction score
Same here Seth and windy too! Cannot see me getting out ( to fish) today and the forecast for the rest of the day and well into next week, is diabolical !