Making use of what you already have

mikench

Reaction score
I have already found a use for a camera mini tripod and decided a small camera bag would make a good brew bag!

View attachment 3721

I found a mini gas stove I bought my daughter for D of E and bought a gas canister . I have a largish insulated mug and a small kettle with fold down handles which I also bought her ! It all fits neatly in the above bag! So now I can brew a hot cup of tea on the bank instead of the tepid coffee from my flask! This collection is not just for fishing but for trips out to the coast and country. It hasn't cost me a penny just an hour or so searching the loft and garage!

What items have seen a new lease of life in your house?

john step

Reaction score
I have already found a use for a camera mini tripod and decided a small camera bag would make a good brew bag!

View attachment 3721

I found a mini gas stove I bought my daughter for D of E and bought a gas canister . I have a largish insulated mug and a small kettle with fold down handles which I also bought her ! It all fits neatly in the above bag! So now I can brew a hot cup of tea on the bank instead of the tepid coffee from my flask! This collection is not just for fishing but for trips out to the coast and country. It hasn't cost me a penny just an hour or so searching the loft and garage!

What items have seen a new lease of life in your house?

Blimey Mike, how much tea do you brew up on the bank?

mikench

Reaction score
I have yet to try it John ! The bag just keeps everything together so when I am sitting in contemplative mood under my new brolly willing my tip to swing, buzzer to chirrup, line to race off the reel or float to sink, I can make a fresh and hot mug of tea! After all I will have loads of time! I hope I am not turning into a carper! :confused::surrender::beguiled::washing:

Philip

Reaction score
Crikey loads of stuff.

Old Computer bags come in handy for lots of stuff...I have a couple of sets of scales permenatly living in one in the boot of my car and another holds my holiday fishing gear. An old palm pilot little draw string bag is still my lead bag when I go roving and like you I have converted camera tripods for fishing use.
Various sacks and pouches meant for other things carry my spare spools - the wash bags you used to get on BA long haul flights were ideal for this, so perfect in fact I became convinced the bloke at BA who picked them was a closet angler.
A wet wipe flip top plastic dispenser is perfect as a maggot drip feed..you can remove trhe bottom to fill it with maggots and then hang it upside down off a pole. Fip open the top and the hole is just the right size to drip maggots one at a time into the swim while an old granny shopping trolley with a wide wheel base is the ultimate roving angling wheelable sack. Old credit cards plus and elastic band become smart phone stands to take self take photos and rubber food ties are the perfect rod bands....just one at the butt will hold a 12 foot Carp rod together no problem. A plastic dustbin with lid is an ideal rodent proof container for storing seeds and particles and plastic bags make perfect disposable weigh slings for smaller species.
Various Plastic tubes used by artists and architects for keeping documents safe store rod rests and pods in the car as do longer versions for umbreallas, storm poles and landing nets. The list goes on.

There is a certain satisfaction in finding a new use for something thats different to its originally intended use.