Trial free floats ---- but feedback required

flightliner

Reaction score
A friend and floatmaker has developed a design of floats that need trialing.
He has asked me to help him by giving me some to use on the Trent but it will be a slow process on account of me enjoying most aspects of course angling and my hemp n tares, float fishing for Barbel and Greyling are some time away.
With this in mind I suggested to him yesterday 4hat it may be an idea to enlist a few mor float anglers to join in the trials, he agreed saying an angler fishing the major rivers would be a good choice providing they would be prepared to give feedback directly to him by text or e-mail, the number or address being provided with the floats.
So, I want to know if any of the guys who float fish regularly on here AND report on the hdygo thread would like the first chance for a couple of these stick floats to try on their local river.
Binka, Tigger, Neil maidment, Notts kev, Sam vimes and Graham Elliot at 5he moment simply on account of the floats I have . That should also get feedback from all points of the country.
Obviously the postage for the designer would be prohibitive so it may be that the recipiants would forward me a suitable container in a stamped addressed envelope in order that I can return them with two samples of the floats, one medium and a slightly larger one.
These float have had a lot of time and effort put into them to enhance bite indication and to try and minimise lateral drift when fishing in awkward winds.
Please, do try these floats, I think they genuinely have potential and they have been beautifully crafted.
let me know on this tread and I will send you my address by pm.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting this, especially if all the floats ar identical. The feedback from several or more anglers and on varying rivers may be an eye opener!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Flight,
what sort of shot capacity are we talking when you say "stick" floats? If they are much lighter than 3-4bb, with a decent sized tip, I may not have too many uses for them. I'd still be happy to try them though, even if I have to pick my swims to do so.

These float have had a lot of time and effort put into them to enhance bite indication and to try and minimise lateral drift when fishing in awkward winds.

This hints at something along similar lines to the likes of the Cralusso Bolo floats, which I have bought. A similar concept in a less unorthodox design would certainly be welcomed by me.

flightliner

Reaction score
So, I take it that both of you would like to receive a couple of these floats?
They range from 12" down to 7" in length so bear that in mind if you decide to send a container to keep them safe in transport.
Nb, the big ones were made with Barbel in mind tell me if you want a big medium or small!
Chris-- don't worry about the shot loading unless you want a small one!
IMG_3731.jpg
Ps, this float design is patent protected to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, I take it that both of you would like to receive a couple of these floats?

Yeah, I think i'd be up for it flight. I can imagine the maker would be intrigued to hear the various thoughts on his floats.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Nb, the big ones were made with Barbel in mind tell me if you want a big medium or small!
Chris-- don't worry about the shot loading unless you want a small one!

About 3-4g is my usual choice. Something around that mark would be good. I'm guessing that the mediums might be the best bet.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the larger river I fish 4g to 8g, on the smaller rivers 2g to 5g.

The floats look a strange shape, i'm thinking the shape is intended to keep the float from pulling off line as easily as a conventional shape?

Can I see eyes bottom and middle and top?

nottskev

Reaction score
Hello Mick, yes, I'm always moaning about the prevailing downstreamer on my local Trent, so I'm more than happy to try one out. Sizewise, something in the 6-8 no4 range would suit. Mind you, there won't be any fish on these lengths until the new season, so I wouldn't be testing for a while.

mikench

Reaction score
I didn't want to be in your gang anyway so there!:wh

Seriously they look interesting floats and await the judgement of those who will know better!:) I hope the patent is pending!

flightliner

Reaction score
Only three responses' from the anglers named in my op Mike.
I hope they havent simply missed the post.
When I know many "definates" there are (6 hopefully) I can move onto letting them have the floats.:grouphug:

mikench

Reaction score
I hope they are well liked( the floats) and prove to be a success! We always want and need innovation!:)

flightliner

Reaction score
Floats will be sent to the recipiants as soon as I receive their protective containers for safe transportation.PMs sent with my address.
:car:

Last edited:

Reaction score
If you want the guys to look at these floats,maybe a PM would guarantee their noticing this thread,'tackle talk' is not a heading I look at much,maybe the same has happened here Mick???

flightliner

Reaction score
A friend and floatmaker has developed a design of floats that need trialing.
He has asked me to help him by giving me some to use on the Trent but it will be a slow process on account of me enjoying most aspects of course angling and my hemp n tares, float fishing for Barbel and Greyling are some time away.
With this in mind I suggested to him yesterday 4hat it may be an idea to enlist a few mor float anglers to join in the trials, he agreed saying an angler fishing the major rivers would be a good choice providing they would be prepared to give feedback directly to him by text or e-mail, the number or address being provided with the floats.
So, I want to know if any of the guys who float fish regularly on here AND report on the hdygo thread would like the first chance for a couple of these stick floats to try on their local river.
Binka, Tigger, Neil maidment, Notts kev, Sam vimes and Graham Elliot at 5he moment simply on account of the floats I have . That should also get feedback from all points of the country.
Obviously the postage for the designer would be prohibitive so it may be that the recipiants would forward me a suitable container in a stamped addressed envelope in order that I can return them with two samples of the floats, one medium and a slightly larger one.
Please, do try these floats, I think they genuinely have potential and they have been beautifully crafted.
let me know on this tread and I will send you my address by pm.

UPDATE ----for those who have their floats now , using the following e-mail address will allow you to send a review of the floats directly to the maker----
Mbfishingproducts@gmail.com
many thanks from the above for all your help, it's fully appreciated.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE ----for those who have their floats now , using the following e-mail address will allow you to send a review of the floats directly to the maker----
Mbfishingproducts@gmail.com
many thanks from the above for all your help, it's fully appreciated.

Mick, could Glenn copy my post of HDYGO thread ?....or would he prefer me to write something else for him?

flightliner

Reaction score
Ian, I,m not to sure on that one, Glenn has'nt got a computer that I know of. Everything sent to him goes thro his daughters desktop to the best of my knowledge.
Maybe it would be best to use the e-mail address in the first instance and take it from there.

mikench

Reaction score
These floats sound very promising thus far! I hope they prove to be a commercial success!