selling Rods

steve2

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find a cheap reliable courier for fish rods? I want to try and sell some but the postage I have been quoted is nearly £30 a rod. Looking on Ebay other sellers postal charges are way below that just how do they do it.

mikench

Reaction score
I would ask one of the large online retailers, say Angling Direct, which couriers they use! Try Tackle box and Ted Carter with the same question!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Many of the big distance selling retailers have contracts with couriers. They often get rates that are simply not available to private individuals using their services on an ad hoc basis. Other tricks are to absorb all, or part, of the postage cost to appear more competitive. Sometimes this simply eats into their profit margin, sometimes they just inflate the selling price to cover the free, or cheap, postage.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
If i ever get round to clearing some of my surplus sticks out I shall go via eBay and make it either collection or free delivery within a (say) 25 miles radius. Even a round trip of 50 miles is only going to cost me about £5-6....a lot cheaper and imo less hassle than shipping them. Ive done this before and its surprising how often a mutually convenient and fairly local meeting place can be found.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
I went into my local post office(parcel force) the other week and posted a rod in a plastic tube 48hr delivery £11.40. It's done on weight so if you put it in a thick cardboard tube it will weigh a lot more

Last edited:

ben10

Reaction score
I post through the post office, again parcel force 48 hour I think, insured up to £80 is £11.99 but you can up the limit of insurance for a few £