thermal

neil smith 2

Reaction score
hi, im after a thermal suit for my carping through the winter. has any one got any suggestions or seen any good bagins. i havent got a big budget but would welcome any suggestions

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Neil if you dont mind second hand gear I would take a look at British military surplus grade two site, they do a cracking thermal fleece for a fiver and thermal pant for two quids ,posting is a bit steep but if you get a few items it is well worth it.Goretex jackets as new ten pound also.It says grade two but most things me and the chaps I fish with have ordered have been in good nick and as good as new.

stephen webb

Reaction score
I would second Gav. Military surplus sites are great for cheap gear for fishing.

Reaction score
If none, of the military suits, will do the job, take a look at any of the sundridge suits, best suits (made by a fishing supplier) that exist, within budget limitations, im sure, others will vouch for them also.

Ryan

BOF39

Reaction score
If you want an undersuit you could do worse than a fleece Teddy Bear suit such as these, (its a Grandslam Fleece suit) :-

grandeslam%20fleece%20suit.jpg

You will need a windproof / waterproof over the top, to keep out the wet,but otherwise will be as warm as toast. I wear this sort of thing for my winter 3 and 4 day carping sessions, and I've not been cold yet.

BOF/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif