Wanna be on telly?

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Are you the next Fishing TV star?

We've teamed up with the Angling Times to work on a brilliant new project for 2018.
Full details remain top secret at the moment, but to get the ball rolling we’re looking for someone to take part in a pilot episode of this new show.
We’re looking for a coarse angler with access to a good fishing spot within 15 minutes of their place of work, and is great in front of a camera – could it be you?

To put yourself forward just send us a short video of yourself, and tell us the following:
* Your name
* Where you’re from
* Your occupation
* The name of the water closest to your workplace
* Your fishing experience and why we should pick you

Don’t worry about being an expert cameraman or having slick editing skills, we just need a short film which you can shoot on your phone, talking to camera.
Please send the film to george@fishingtv.com via WeTransfer.com

You must be over 16 years old to apply.

Deadline is FRIDAY 23rd FEBRUARY so get shooting!

john r stockburn

Reaction score
this offer seems all very well but how do we know it is not a program for the anti field sports or making ammunition for jezza corbin , why not tell us which TV company you represent ? and why does the fishing have to be near where you work and not where you live ?
what is the supposed program to be called ?

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Check out the name of our account... we're FishingTV (and the Angling Times - hardly likely to be anti!).

The fishing needs to be near your place of work for the format (but I can't tell you exactly why yet.)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Okay. Take me and it'll be my third TV appearance - I got voted off first in the Weakest Link, despite getting no questions wrong, then got voted off first in the Big Fish Iceland show, despite not being the lowest scorer... So third time lucky maybe :)

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your entry, Geoff.

One of the more unusual approaches... "I was good enough for them so I should be good enough for you" :p

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
What about us non workers, the great unwashed unemployed and/or retired? It's TV discrimination!

:):confused::):confused:

mikench

Reaction score
You only have yourself to blame, Mr Maidment, catching all those stunning, magnificent, big Chub!:wh

B

binka

I can do a rather impressive mud skid which incorporates a triple salchow with perfect landing to a collapsing chair if that's any good? :wh

More Beadle than Barbel I'm afraid :eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
I can do a rather impressive mud skid which incorporates a triple salchow with perfect landing to a collapsing chair if that's any good? :wh

More Beadle than Barbel I'm afraid :eek:mg:

This chap is a natural talent you TV types! X factor , britains got talent and all that tripe eat your heart out! Binka could be the next Richard Geer/ Bob Nudd combo!

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Neil.
It's a way of saying

We want Yoof. So Nul points for you

These guys are not the BBC, they are smarter than that. I think actual angling ability will feature at least as highly as the tats and glamour. It's the oldun's who are the main audience in angling (look at the FM Demographic) so it will need an older guy to get the respect. ARE YOU LISTENING? :)

lambert1

Reaction score
Well the deadline has passed, so we will just have to wait and see if a star will be born from this forum.