Looking for venue to fish.

P

Paul Kelly

Hello,

Does anyone know of any fishing venues in the East / South East London region. That I will be able to fish after the close season, I am quite new to the area and would appreciate any suggestions.

G

Gerry Castles

There is nothing in South Eaat London other than a few park ponds, most of which appear to keep the river close season. East London has a few bits of interesting canal, the reservoirs at Walthamstow and other bits out towards Wanstead and Essex in general.
I grew up in East London and then as now the Lea Valley is the place to be. Try using your browser to look up websites for the LAA or CALPAC or RMC for references to fishing the River Lea and surrounding pits. Other than that, its' Victoria Park Boating Lake and you really don't want to go there.

M

Mike Harrison

Have you got transport? if so i can put you onto some good places in Kent,even the coast is only about 1 1/2 hrs away now.

C

Cakey

The Beekay Guide To 2000 British & European Carp Waters by Kevin Maddocks & Peter Mohan is good for finding carp waters,it also covers other species !

B

Barry Edney

Paul, I live in SE London and there ain't nothink mate. As Gerry says, a few of the parks have ponds that can be fished. Burgess Park off the Old Kent Road has one that has some decent Carp & Tench in it. Also there is huge Crucians in there. Last year I was watching a man pulling Bream after Bream out of the Serpentine in Hyde Park. They were all around the 3lb mark. He was float fishing with bread about 2 rod legths out in 11ft of water. Crystal Palace Park has a lovely little lake in it. (not the boating lake!) Its season ticket only, and theres a waiting list. But if you live nearby it might be worth making some enquiries.

Having said all this, these places are not my cup 'o tea. I prefer to get away from the hustle & bustle of London and fish somewhere more tranquil, which means travelling a fair distance. All the surrounding counties have plenty of waters to try. Day and Season ticket. You should have a look at the RMC Angling website. Most of their waters are within easy reach from London. Also Bury Hill Fisheries near Dorking is definitley worth a visit. Big bags of Tench, Bream and Crucians at this time of year.

Good luck, hope you find somewhere that suits you

R

Ron Clay

You could alway consider emigrating to Rotherham. Lots of nice quiet river angling on your doorstep here, including good roach, chub and barbel.

Only ?1.60 for a pint of bitter too.