Grandeslam Barrow Twin Wheel

StuartR

Reaction score
Hi

My nephew wants a twin-wheel barrow for Christmas. Not being made of money /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifI'm looking at the Grandeslam Twin Wheel Barrow which is circa £50. However, he also stipulates (nothing like knowing exactly what you want!) that it has to fold down to go the car (reasonable I guess). Does anyone know if this model folds? I've found plenty of adverts for it but they don't mention whether it does or not. Difficult to tell from the picture.

If there's something better at this price-point (ish) that does fold I'd be interested to know.

Thanks

He also wants "a brolly with no pole in the middle and that has sides" You mean like a day shelter I said? "No, I've got two of those and a bivvy, I want a brolly with no pole etc. etc.?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Nephew..........

Get his parents to buy one!

£10 note in a card is fine for most Uncles!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

BOF39

Reaction score
"No, I've got two of those and a bivvy, I want a brolly with no pole etc. etc.?"

Demanding lad aint he? The brollies without central poles, but with sides are similar to my Fox Oval. These are like this:-
DSCF0017_edited-1.jpg

As for your Grandslam Barrow, it looks quite like this one:-
<a href="http://my.frooition.com/070324/images/Carp-Loader-Barrow.jpg">
Carp-Loader-Barrow.jpg

</a>I know these do fold as I have onequite like it. Not quite as expensive as the Grandslam, but then you have to factor in the P&P. The back legs fold, the front support tips back almost flat, and the wheels swing under and backwards, so it is about as flat as it can get. Oh yes and the handles and wheels come off if you really need them to.

BOF /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

BOF39

Reaction score
That looks like the one to go for, if it isnt up to scratch you can always take it back within 30 days etc etc etc.

BOF /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

StuartR

Reaction score
Thanks all,

In the end I went for the Koala model as I found it for £49.99 includingthe matching kitbag that hangs from the frame.

On the same site I also found a 60" brolly similar to the Fox Ovalalso for £49.99.He'll not be getting it from me though but my son might buy it for him. (I should explain that technically he's my nephew but to all intents and purposes he's my adopted son - long story! So that's why he rates more than a tenner in a card!)

Cheers again

StuartR

Reaction score
Well I bought the Koala product above (sold under a few different brand names by the looks of it) and it looked pretty good when he opened it - he was certainly well chuffed with it.

I'm now in the market for a trolley myself having struggled the last couple of trips to carry all my gear to the swim. My nephew is a carp fanatic so I can understand why he wants a fairly big barrow-style trolley but I'm more a pleasure angler with the usual bits & pieces:<ul>[*]Rod holdall / 4 rods / landing net / brolly / bank sticks etc.[*]largish seatbox[*]net bag[*]Bait bag / mixing bowl[*]TFG Bank Boss seat & bits (heavyish and in a huge bag!).[*]and finally, thanks to Santa, a TFG day shelter which I'll take in lieu of the brolly when appropriate[/list]

Question is, do I buy myself the same asI bought thenephew or do I get something smaller (i.e. that my mate won't laugh at).

I was thinking along the lines of the "Waterline Deluxe Folding Trolley" http://www.bosfish.co.uk/products/trollies/wl485.htm(looks like this is sold under several different brands too).

Is this style of trolley up to the job or do I go go for the Hummer version? Any other recommendations?