SALMON And TAILOR Off The ROCKS.

morston1

Reaction score
I assume you were fishing in the sea Clint? Are they salmon as we know them?

They are Australian salmon found in the southern waters. Tailor are a pelagic fish generally caught from Queensland north...they are known as Elf in South Africa and Bluefish in America.

They are not like Atlantic or other Salmon as we know them....in fact they are not really that good for eating but are a good sport fish....Tailor are better eating, but only when very fresh.

I have caught plenty of Tailor in Queensland but never caught Salmon as I lived too far north.

Last edited:

rodreelllurefish

Reaction score
They are Australian salmon found in the southern waters. Tailor are a pelagic fish generally caught from Queensland north...they are known as Elf in South Africa and Bluefish in America.

They are not like Atlantic or other Salmon as we know them....in fact they are not really that good for eating but are a good sport fish....Tailor are better eating, but only when very fresh.

I have caught plenty of Tailor in Queensland but never caught Salmon as I lived too far north.

Could not of put it better myself. A lot of people still eat the Australian salmon but there are far better eating fish in the sea.