A Blank Or Not ?

• Thread starter Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro
  • Start date
L

Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro

I have been off sick for the last two weeks with a dodgy back , two weeks of daytime telly , what a pain !

Back to work tomorrow so I decided to go piking today , river well up but not unfishable .

I found a bit of a slack and fished there , tried to get a few roach out but couldn`t find any, ( nor could the match fishermen ) so not just down to me then .

I baited two rods up with roach deads and waited , and waited .

A robin kept hopping about looking for freebies ,so having a couple of pints of maggots I started to feed him , after a while I was feeding a fair few birds .

At the same time as this the local kingfisher was doing his rounds up and down the river trying to find his lunch but it seemed that he had as much luck as me .

I had laid my landing net frame on a big post sticking out of the water about four feet away from where I was sitting , the Robin would sit on the rods or the net rim which is normal with Robins .

All of a sudden the Kingfisher landed on the net rim right in front of me , four feet away , I was "over the moon" but" gutted "at the same time , my camera and my phone was in my rucksack so I couldn`t get a photo , it stayed there for about 3 minutes , what a beautiful bird , it was the closest that I had ever been to a Kingfisher , it did do the same a bit later but only /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifbriefly.

It was worth a blank , it made my day .

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I`ve been lucky enough to have onesit on one of my carp rods in the past and havesat and watched one diving for tiddlers opposite me on the nene.

Robins have that knack of finding the only fisherman on the river bank for miles and sit there chirping away in the hope that a few free offerings will come their way.

When your`e sat there having a poor day,freezing your whatsits off and feeling thoroughly miserable,things like this just bring a smile to your face and make you feel a little bit better.

Just another reason why fishing can be such a pleasure sometimes /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.