GO Fishing show 09

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive just found out that the Go Fishing Show next year will be at Cudmore Fisheries and not at the NEC.

Ive just looked at the Cudmore website and whilst it looks a nice venue for fishing (albeit you have to buy bait from their shop/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif) is it suitable for hosting a fishing show ?

Has anyone been ? Is there enough parking ? Facilities ? etc

Your thoughts please

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
I dont know Cudmore but the NEC was murdering it. I hope it goes back to the way it was 5-6 years ago because every year we have watched it go smaller and smaller.

This last one we could have easily kicked a ball around by 3.00 o clock on the Friday. The exhibitors must have lost a mint.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I took some kids from my school to the Carp Show at Castle Don, they were interested in when the next one was. I told them about the NEC show and then rang a few people to find out if it was going ahead or not. The Shows organisers told me it was happening at Cudmore in mid July.

M

MarkTheSpark

I'm not really surprised it had to leave the NEC. Parking £8, entry ticket, petrol, etc, and you don't get much change out of £100 for a family of four. You can go somewhere interesting for that!

Part of the prob is the murderous pricing of the NEC, but I can't help thinking Emap were trying to make a fortune out of it. Maybe not.

But it's common knowledge that attendance at shows is in direct proportion to value for money, and if AT can get better value by going to, I dunno, Donington, or East of England, or anywhere esle for that matter, everyone benefits.

Calling Greg Whitehead! What's going on Greg?