sensas seat box

jezpetch

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has problems with legs on their seat box just got a sensas seat box second hand in new condition but when you tighten the legs it still slowly drops down already over tighten one any ideas how to sort it.

Cheers Jez

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
If someone isn't told they never learn! I am always open to criticism and advice! A first post should be correct John! The use of as and of instead of has and have is unforgivable in written English! :eek:hno::encouragement:

soft plastic

Reaction score
If someone isn't told they never learn! I am always open to criticism and advice! A first post should be correct John! The use of as and of instead of has and have is unforgivable in written English! :eek:hno::encouragement:
What about the missing "ed" after the word "tighten" and the lack of commas? Shocking, it's the end of civilisation, as we know it!

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
I don't really care how things are written so long as I can understand whats meant, I don't speak the Queens English far from it as I have a very local accent ( water is watter, horse is oss and frozen is frez) which is sometimes mistaken for a brummy accent but its far from sounding like that, a bit like all southerners sound like Londoners to me.

B

binka

Tricky one.

I'm not familiar with the Sensas seat box but a quick Google appears to show the legs of some as smooth tubes.

I'm not 100% on it but if that's the case, and the knurl housing isn't spinning on the nut when you tighten down to the full, I would try changing the legs for something like the Octoplus Hex Legs but check first that the diameter will fit...

Octoplus Multifit Octagonal Hex Legs Superfoot 14, 18, 24, 30 or 40” pack of 2 | eBay

Never had a problem in the past with a Matchbox fitted with the same.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Mike, you are a prize knob! I feel an apology is in order.

Jez, would it be possible to contact the person you acquired the box from and ask if he/she knows how to tighten the legs up without slipping?

Are they telescopic legs? If so are they the original ones supplied with the box?

chrissh

Reaction score
That’s a bit unfair picking up on a spelling mistake
As long as the message can be read and I can understand what they are trying to say how cares

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Assuming the seller says they don't know how to tighten them, or is being economical with truth.
I take it you mean all the legs slip. In which case remove the handwheels, check the threads to see if they have
been partly stripped, if so you will have to source some handwheels from a tackle shop, and tap the thread out in the leg block.ask at tackle shop what thread they are, it will be a metric thread.A cheap tap set will do the job.
If they are not stripped, try and see if another brand of box leg will fit, if your box has square legs, PI do them in various sizes,ie 19mm, 22mm, if they are round, most major brands will fit, ie 25mm, 30mm, I am not sure if sensas do a 36mm dia leg,
You never said if it is the inners that slip, or the main leg in the leg blocks. If inners just get a set of 4 replacement legs

mikench

Reaction score
Jez i see you corrected your mistake so well done to you. If you were offended by my comment i do apologise and i mean that! This forum is here to help people,me included,to learn but i do get carried away sometimes with certain " things"!

Apologies again!

Ps. Whilst i admit to being unfair to you and churlish in picking you up on your grammar/ spelling you will note i did not abuse you by calling you either a prize knob or a To**er like some! I may be both of those ( not all the time) but i do not stoop to the use of such language!

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
Jez i see you corrected your mistake so well done to you. If you were offended by my comment i do apologise and i mean that! This forum is here to help people,me included,to learn but i do get carried away sometimes with certain " things"!

Apologies again!

Ps. Whilst i admit to being unfair to you and churlish in picking you up on your grammar/ spelling you will note i did not abuse you by calling you either a prize knob or a To**er like some! I may be both of those ( not all the time) but i do not stoop to the use of such language!

Well said, Mike - a handsome aplology. I have the odd moment like the bloke in this video myself :)

YouTube

john r stockburn

Reaction score

Apologies again!

I beg to differ in that your comment was both personal and abusive to the poster , making a correction the way that you came across only belittled the person
that comment Mike was not called for at all and i feel your now trying to correct a very silly mistake that backfired on you .

nottskev

Reaction score
I beg to differ in that your comment was both personal and abusive to the poster , making a correction the way that you came across only belittled the person
that comment Mike was not called for at all and i feel your now trying to correct a very silly mistake that backfired on you .

I'd guess we all put our foot in at times, and since it's rare that anybody apologies for anything these days, we should approve when someone does. If we cease to accept each other's apologies, where does that take us?

john r stockburn

Reaction score
I'd guess we all put our foot in at times, and since it's rare that anybody apologies for anything these days, we should approve when someone does. If we cease to accept each other's apologies, where does that take us?

I am not the person who needs an apology , but I am shocked by what I read but moving on it has been noted that the mistake has been corrected and I hope the original author of the post has noted it as well and not been frightened away,
the matter as far as I am concerned is closed .
tight lines

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
All these comments about an apology and not one about the OP,s question about slipping legs,
I forgot to put in mine that if he had to tap out the block he may first have to remove it,
that is easy to do if it is similar to a PI leg block, Another way to stop them sliding is to use jubilee
clips under the block,