Butterflies

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed in the last few days of warm weather how the butterflies have suddenly appeared ?

Whilst on the reservoir suffering yet another blank yesterday,I saw a brimstone,peacock and small tortoiseshell and yesterday afternoon at home a brimstone,small tortoiseshell and a common blue.Yet to see the prettiest of them all - a red admiral.

john step

Reaction score
A few appearing in the garden but to my shame I have not a clue as to their names/types!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes, fished a local woodland pond Wednesday and yesterday in the warm sunshine and there was an abundance of them...............

mikench

Reaction score
I saw my first butterflies of the year( uk) today! I saw several orange tips and red admirals! I think I also saw a Peacock but cannot be sure! They are a sure sign of spring and imho one of natures true marvels!

seth49

Reaction score
Saw a peacock and a comma butterfly yesterday whin I was fishing, the sun always seems to bring them out.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not seen any yet but the bumble bees are abundant with a couple of half dead ones making their way through our bedroom window.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The last few days have certainly got everything going at last. Orange tips, Holly Blues, Brimstones and a single Comma in the garden today plus plenty of big fat bumbles. Mrs S also had to chase 2 enormous wasps out of the kitchen....they didnt hang about once they realised whose kitchen they were in ! Only room for one Queen in this house !