Things you notice when fishing

rich66

Reaction score
I had a 4 hour session on a nearby pond last Wednesday. I’d used a keepnet & had caught about 20 or so roach upto a 1lb.
For some reason I decided to put them all back in by hand instead of the normal submerge the open end and let them swim out.
I was doing this and quite a few where just pausing in the water, which made me realise what a lovely fish they are not just to catch but when their swimming fins out etc which we don’t normally get to appreciate. I think I actually got as much of a thrill from seeing them like that than catching them. An image I’ll remember for a long while.
What with that and watching the bumblebees/birds looking for new nesting sites made the day extra pleasant.
Us anglers are a lucky lot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I released a decent sized bream the other day and thought it almost looked quite handsome as it slowly paddled away.

B

binka

I like that queasy feeling you get after watching a float for a while on a large water with a good swell on it, you look away at the bank and the ground is undulating just like the surface of the water was.

Ah...

Hang on a minute, that could well be the after affects of the night before :w

thecrow

Reaction score
I released a decent sized bream the other day and thought it almost looked quite handsome as it slowly paddled away.

On the right tackle bream from a river can give a decent account of themselves, I used to catch them from a mill race at Olney on the Great Ouse they were great fun.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like that queasy feeling you get after watching a float for a while on a large water with a good swell on it, you look away at the bank and the ground is undulating just like the surface of the water was.

Ah...

No, I. Get that too and am tee total

at least one day a week.

rich66

Reaction score

I’d like to catch a decent sized bream ! One of those nice bronze ones, not my usual snotty silver jobs. But I’m happy to catch most fish.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score

Ah...

My old fishing mate who is sadly no longer with us used to say when you start swaying with the water it was time to go home.:)