Problem solved

seth49

Reaction score
I had a phone call last night, a friend of mine I’ve known for years, his son is a keen fisherman, thinks nothing of driving to linear fishery’s in Oxford for a twenty four or forty eight hours session from here in Lancashire.
He rang to tell me his son had bought a new bivvy, and did I want his old one for free, it’s only two years old a wychwood solace HD shelter, plus overwrap which covers the whole thing, with a door for access turns it into a bivvy.

Well if it’s for nothing, I said I’d have it, and went round to pick it up,so today I’d an hour too spare so I put the shelter part up in the garden, first time I’d done this, went up fairly easy had it sorted in about an half an hour, the problem was taking it down and folding it up to go back in it’s bag, I really struggled to get it back in the bag it goes in.

So I went in for a brew, and googled taking a shelter down and packing away, it came up with a few, so picked the first one, and watched it, the guy made it look easy, watched it again, and went out to have another go, now I knew how to do it, it was easy, went back in the bag, with the groundsheet etc no problem, so that saved me a lot of hassle, good old Google.

I have a carp lake I can night fish on one of my clubs tickets, so I might try it out this summer,it’s another option anyway, and it will be ok as a shelter, if I’m sat behind two carp rods when it’s raining, I gave my old Korum chair to my nephew last week, I didnt need it anymore ,must be karma.