I am, I am going fishing tomorrow!

fishplate42

Reaction score
I dunno, if it is not one thing it is the other. For the past few weeks I have been going to our local medical practice for a check-up. Nothing unusual, you might think, but as I have not been there for 22 years they decided to hang on to me! Nothing seems to happen in a hurry, see the nurse on day then then again a week later, then the doctor yesterday and a blood test today. None of these visits took more than half an hour but being spread over several days kyboshed any plans to make a day of it.

Now, they have decided my blood pressure is high, so what I need is a good relaxing time on the bank :). Tomorrow looks like it going to be a very nice day, here in the South East and I intend to spend the day bothering some fish.

Let's see if I can do a whole session without accentually catching a pike :eek:mg:

Ralph.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I went down the river today and just sat in my favourite swim, it's a beautiful day out there.

rich66

Reaction score
Planning for Thursday, have the week off but as usual the weeks filling up quick

mikench

Reaction score
Just go Ralph and chill! If you catch some fish then that's a bonus! I plan to!

sagalout

Reaction score
Doctor : "You haven't been to see me for a long time"
Me : "No, I've been ill."

carpinbob

Reaction score
I'm going out next Tuesday, first time since July and I can't wait.

fishplate42

Reaction score
Well, I got hooked watching the local election coverage last night (not that it was very exciting). This morning I overslept and decided to go tomorrow instead. Weather looks like it will be even better than today and, so long as I get there early and plant myself in one place, I will enjoy the atmosphere of a bank holiday weekend.

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a new one Ralph, postponing a fishing trip because you got "hooked" watching local election coverage.:eek:mg:

The commies are going to be shoulder to shoulder this weekend, hope you can find a swim. I'll be fishing on the estate lake (not in it hopefully), it will be peaceful and quiet, as ever you are more than welcome to join me for a spot of tench fishing, or is that bream.:thumbs:

fishplate42

Reaction score
That's a new one Ralph, postponing a fishing trip because you got "hooked" watching local election coverage.:eek:mg:

The commies are going to be shoulder to shoulder this weekend, hope you can find a swim. I'll be fishing on the estate lake (not in it hopefully), it will be peaceful and quiet, as ever you are more than welcome to join me for a spot of tench fishing, or is that bream.:thumbs:

hanks for the offer, but I intend to be there before the gate opens and plant myself. I am rather looking forward to a busy fishery, it makes a change from my solitary outings.

I got it wrong last time I tried to go on a sunny weekend by trying to move at lunch time - big mistake. This time I have three or four swims in mind and I will pick one and stay there.

The estate lake sound idyllic and I would like to join you there during the summer, if you will have me. How far is it from me (approximately).

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The estate is in Hernhill which lies between Faversham and Whitstable, you've done the journey enough times to Swalecliffe, just knock off ten minutes, it being a few miles closer. Can't imagine the journey will take any longer than your trips to Beaver, maybe quicker.

No queuing at gate, we can fish from dawn, you'll be free to roam around the lake at your leisure, a no brainier in my book, there again, if you want a "busy fishery" this ain't for you Ralph.

Just remembered, I gave you the bailiffs address should you want to go on the waiting list, I included the post code, a quick Google will give you all you need to know about distances and journey times.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Stay up half the night watching drivel which hasn't changed anything or going fishing! A difficult one Ralph!:)

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hdygo Ralph ?

Groan.... I still haven't got there. I had a call from the Doctor's surgery asking me to get some blood tests done and to come and see the doctor :disturbed:. I made an appointment. An hour before I was supposed to go, they called and cancelled the appointment, telling me to go and get more blood tested, along with a urine sample. I now have to wait for the surgery to tell me the doctor has the test results and for me to go back.

This started a few of weeks ago when I though I had better pay the surgery a visit to check I was still registered there as I had not been for a while (22years as it turned out!) First I went to see the nurse and she told me my BP was high and to come back a week later to check it again. I did, it was. another week later see the doctor, again BP was high and he gave me a prescription for some tablets and it was then that all the blood test thing started.

I am now desperate to see the Doctor to find out what all this is about. I can't go fishing as I will be constantly wondering if I am going to get a call. I just can't relax with all this going on. Hopefully the blood tests will be back with the doctor by tomorrow and I can get back to the important things - fishing.

Ever wished you had not instigated opening a can of worms - so to speak? I wish I had not opened this one.

Thanks for asking, I bet you wish you had not now ;)

Ralph :(

daniel121

Reaction score
Hey up Ralph!

Remember you from my MD days, glad to see your still rocking and rolling on. Nowt wrong with getting hooked on election results but you know I'd say that :eek:mg:

Anyway good luck with your visit to the quacks, hope your hopefully they will sort ya out in no time and you can get back to your two dog/no dog grinding self :)

Keep posting mate, look forward to reading your posts once more

mikench

Reaction score
Ralph a nice days fishing will lower your blood pressure, make you happy thus releasing endorphins, and improve your general mood! Watching election results and waiting for a call from your GP will have the opposite effect! Give them your mobile so you can take the call( if it comes) on the bank!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yet another reason to move down here Ralph. The Estuary View Medical Centre is one of the best in the country. I've been having my yearly blood tests recently, the dates and times have to fit in with my fishing diary, plus the fact you'll never get a call on a Saturday for blood tests or doctors appointments, they're all off playing golf or fishing themselves!

Last edited:

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hey up Ralph!

Remember you from my MD days, glad to see your still rocking and rolling on. Nowt wrong with getting hooked on election results but you know I'd say that :eek:mg:

Anyway good luck with your visit to the quacks, hope your hopefully they will sort ya out in no time and you can get back to your two dog/no dog grinding self :)

Keep posting mate, look forward to reading your posts once more

Hi Daniel, Thanks! I have no idea why I find watching the over-night election coverage adictive, but it is one of those things I get hooked on. Strange really as you will never find me discussing politics with anyone on line or face to face. I left off posting on MD a year ago. I have tried posting again a couple of times recently, but it seems to be much the same as it was. I have been posting regularly on here for a while now and you can always keep up with what I am up to on my blog HERE.

Ralph a nice days fishing will lower your blood pressure, make you happy thus releasing endorphins, and improve your general mood! Watching election results and waiting for a call from your GP will have the opposite effect! Give them your mobile so you can take the call( if it comes) on the bank!

I know Mike, but I just want to get it over with, then I can relax - I hate taking a mobile to the bank.

Yet another reason to move down here Ralph. The Estuary View Medical Centre is one of the best in the country. I've been having my yearly blood tests recently, the dates and times have to fit in with my fishing diary, plus the fact you'll never get a call on a Saturday for blood tests or doctors appointments, they're all off playing golf or fishing themselves!

I know, I know, my Mum keeps telling me that. I let here off, she's 91! Estuary View Medical Centre was voted the best in the country a little while ago, according to my Mum, who is proud of the fact!

Ralph.