daiwa sr1 pole

wrighty64

Reaction score
there is a possibility that i could acquire the above pole looking to find out anything about itas this would be my first foray into pole fishing. as i know it has 2 top kits and current owner has had carp to 12lb on it

thanks

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
It depends on what you are paying for it, when they first came out a good target price if you shopped around was about £140
they were not a bad pole, for the money, If you are not sure what you are looking for when you go to check it out, take someone with you who does, Check for spongy sections, thin walled female ends on the numbers 3,4, 5 also wear on the corresponding male ends, check for repairs such as sections having a wrap of carbon on them, Sit on a seatbox and add a section at a time until its at full length, and see how it feels weight wise, They weigh around 1100 grams at full length as long as it feels balanced, you want the little bit of extra weight at the back not at the tip, Spares may be hard to come by if you break a section, your option then is a £25 overwrap repair, That's my advice, others may say different, Its your money at the end of the day, not mine. I would pay around £65-£70 top for it.