Why do I always do this?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Last week thought I might go and try this new place out Monday or Tuesday this week, checked the long range weather and both days looked pretty good - no rain. The weathers fine today but decided to leave it till tomorrow, so just checked the forecast for tomorrow and its rain all afternoon and its too late to go today. Lifes a bitch and then you die.
And as I wrote this a sea gull landed on my window sill, looking at me with an evil eye, I might just smack it one.

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
It happens:( I prepare everything the night before so I invariably end up going rain or not. I do check the forecast just before I go. The only difference it makes is what clothes I take.

nottskev

Reaction score
You can't win with the forecasts - I've often decided not to go on the strength of a terrible forecast. Then sat in on a perfectly ordinary day, thinking, why didn't I wait and see.

Too late to go today? Why's that? You could go at 3pm and still have 4 or 5 hours? It's a long day, these days. I didn't start fishing til 2.30 yesterday.

thecrow

Reaction score
I don't mind the rain if I am set up although I would prefer to fish without it, I look at the forecast and then what else I have on family, doctors hospital e.t.c. before deciding when I can go :)

rayner

Reaction score
I was all geared up to go today, I've had to cancel it's going to be too hot.
I've tried to cope with the heat, it's not good for fish or me. Much prefer it cooler with no sun.

mikench

Reaction score
I have recently started going fishing in the afternoon for a few hours and going light!!! Like others i have the gear so if i can set up before any deluge I am content to fish. If the deluge is before i set off with a poor forecast i will often not bother!

Like camping, there is a perverse pleasure being under your brolly and protected from the elements!

mikench

Reaction score
I won't be staying overnight Graham any time soon but i often hope i dont get a bite when there is a deluge! I could take my line out, i suppose, but that defeats the object!:)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I could go early but I gave up that a long time ago, set the alarm for 4/5pm, dash to the venue, panic to choose your swim and get your float in, before you know it its 9/10 am, no fish, tired all day, nod off, miss bites.
Much prefer to do my normal thing, chill out and relax. Yeah , I may miss some good fish and the dawn which is always nice but just decided on balance is it worth it.
Anyway, did go and look at the venue yesterday in the afternoon, very nice, on a fruit farm so I can pick some strawberries on my way home. Lots of birds flying around, a green woodpecker flew past me and no carp but barbel and chub which I am not so keen on in a lake and just a wee bit of traffic noise in the distance; other than that ticks all the boxes. £7 a day which is good and no one there, it was a Monday but I bet its like this in the week often enough, toilets, tea room up on the farm and a separate hand washing facility near the lake, I like that-a good find I reckon.

Last edited: