Trolley

Saluki

Reaction score
I’m in the process of buying a trolley. What would you recommend please?

Needs to hold rod holdal, korum deluxe chair (quite wide) the usual tackle bag, net bags and buckets etc..

steve2

Reaction score
What are you after a 2 wheel, one of those prams I see match anglers pushing or a carp barrow?

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
I use a folding sack truck/trolley from Screwfix:

Folding Sack Truck 80kg | Sack Trucks | Screwfix.com

I strap my folded chair onto the back with a bungy, then slide the handles of my roving bag down the handles sitting it on the base, and then finally I slide the handles of my landing mat/pad over the top. I then finally thread the rods and landing net handle across the top of the roving bag but under the bag/landing mat handles. Works for me and is fairly cheap.

Cheers, Bob

Saluki

Reaction score
Yes it’s the new Korum deluxe chair. It’s a good idea that Chrissh but prefer two wheels, saves me having to do the ballencing act over rough uneven ground. Last barrow I owned wasn’t very steady :(

I don’t think Bob that will take the size of my chair.

Reaction score
Look online at Penrose platforms,very good product,made in the UK,I sit on mine too,with a pillow...

mikench

Reaction score
I second the Korum barrow kit which I used this week for the first time even though I bought it a year ago! If the peg is a trek I use it but if not I can often make two or three trips in the same time as I can load and secure everything! In addition the excercise does me good!:wh

john r stockburn

Reaction score

Saluki

Reaction score
Sorry, it’s was supposed to say I don’t want a barrow and I prefer a trolley which obviously has two wheels.

steve2

Reaction score
Take a look at NGT DYNAMIC FISHING TROLLEY CARP COARSE MATCH FOLDS FLAT TWIN WHEEL LARGE BASE on ebay it could be what you are looking for.

wetthrough

Reaction score
I have a trolley but it's far from ideal. Mine's an old Sensas one that they no longer do but it's identical to the Browning one afaics -
sensas_trolley.jpg

Mine has a 15" wheelbase and it's really unstable, forever falling over and it doesn't have to be very rough ground. I've modified mine so I can strap the rod bag to the front. Currently available ones with rod holders have them behind the handle. Can't speak for the Browning one but the wheel spindle on mine is undersized, mine's bent which means the wheels rub on the frame and there's only about 50lb on the trolley. If the wheelbase was any wider I'd have difficulty on some of the paths I find myself on.

The other problem with mine and I suspect models with front mounted rods will be worse, is that when trailing the trolley behind you there's a big proportion of the weight on the handle, it's quite heavy going. You also need two hands on it otherwise it will rock over. I would think two handed with front mounted rods would be difficult.

All in all, I don't think two wheeled trolleys are a particlularly good way of transporting gear. Just my opinion.

Saluki

Reaction score
I have a trolley but it's far from ideal. Mine's an old Sensas one that they no longer do but it's identical to the Browning one afaics -
View attachment 4797

Mine has a 15" wheelbase and it's really unstable, forever falling over and it doesn't have to be very rough ground. I've modified mine so I can strap the rod bag to the front. Currently available ones with rod holders have them behind the handle. Can't speak for the Browning one but the wheel spindle on mine is undersized, mine's bent which means the wheels rub on the frame and there's only about 50lb on the trolley. If the wheelbase was any wider I'd have difficulty on some of the paths I find myself on.

The other problem with mine and I suspect models with front mounted rods will be worse, is that when trailing the trolley behind you there's a big proportion of the weight on the handle, it's quite heavy going. You also need two hands on it otherwise it will rock over. I would think two handed with front mounted rods would be difficult.

All in all, I don't think two wheeled trolleys are a particlularly good way of transporting gear. Just my opinion.

Yes unfortunately I had that same problem with barrows. The NGT two wheeled trolley looks very solid though. I won’t have too much on there like carp fisherman so it shouldn’t feel too unsteady.

Saluki

Reaction score
Chriish, I think you’ve made me change my mind! As I have the chair it’s common sense to go for this.

Best place to buy one, most places are out of stock?! I

seth49

Reaction score
You’ll not regret getting the Korum barrow kit, my mate and I both have this, best thing we’ve bought, I take loads of stuff on mine and it’s really easy to push, can push it two hundred yards without stopping , couldn’t do that with a carp barrow had to keep stopping, and it was very unstable too.

The Korum kit is very stable to, just keep the two legs nearest the wheel well of the ground, and if you get some really rough ground it’s easier to pull it, than push it, had this last week going over some tree roots, pulling it was a lot better.

Any tackle shop that deals with Korum should be able to get one in a week, if there in stock, and not on there way from China.

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score