Nash titan hide

ben10

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on this bivvy? Also how imperative is a groundsheet? My only overnighters are in the summer months so would I really need 1? Same for the overwrap? I'd probably get the door with it but was hoping to leave it at that to keep the weight down.

Any help would be appreciated!

Philip

Reaction score
I dont know the Bivvy other than the pictures but if your only doing overnighters in summer and are concerned about the weight then I would forget overwraps or groundhsheets.

..A brolly would probably do much the same as the basic bivvy and would save you money and probably weight too.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
I own a Titan, they're brilliant IMO but a bit too big for 1 night. Well, I'd class it as a 1.5 man bivvy, it's spacious. For an overnight in Summer then a 60 inch brolly is the best thing for me. I use a groundsheet as I'm generally over grass and you'll lose stuff without one.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the Nash bivvies are of excellent quality, as are Trakker

As for a groundsheet, perosnally I always use it if on grass but on some swims that has bark chippngs it is not so necessary.

I'm not sure about the physics on this but I think that once covered over by the bivvy that there will be some condensation forming from the grass and that can become incomfortble at niggt and in the early morning.

As for an overwrap then the same applies as it not only insullates but also cuts down condensation . . . . . .

mikench

Reaction score
Trakker Tempest brolly! Brilliant with the skull cap but I do not do overnighters, Not fishing ones at any rate:wh

20lb_roach

Reaction score
don't know the pricing now but I brought a wychwood HD Solace brolly many years ago comes with a ground sheet an some pegs. Was really sturdy but so cosy the bed chair sat in it perfectly and had a great view of the venue I was fishing, very light and was very cheap compared to these other titan or trackker " special material " brolly systems. Infact I still got it after 6+ years !!!

20lb_roach

Reaction score
Ok just done research and relised they discontinued the HD solace and replaced it with a updated version which costs a bit more then it did. but still looks good