State of Nature

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks Kev! I will enjoy reading that next week when I am en vacances!!:rolleyes: A conséquence and a most pleasant one, of fishing is that one sees nature when one otherwise might not! You are sat motionless in a remote location( well I am) and wildlife doesn't seem to see me! Yesterday a baby squirrel came within touching distance and picked up an errant kernel of corn and trotted off! I saw a buzzard close to as it alighted on a fence post ! I also saw a hobby chasing a swallow! The latter escaped!

Last Saturday I saw literally dozens of rabbits in an adjacent field and a buzzard made a grab at one but I lost sight of it in the grass! I also saw a stoat after a rabbit on the margin of the field where the grass had been cut!

I am sometimes asked what is the difference between a stoat and a weasel! One is weasely identified whereas the other is stoatally different!:wh

I'll get my coat!:rolleyes:

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
no mention of fish in the freshwater category though?

That’s because the public don’t care about freshwater fish. The majority are dumbfounded to discover there are even fish in most bodies of water. I remember being told by a woman “there’s no fish in this river, your wasting your time.” A few minutes later she was helping take a photo of my PB Chub.

Last edited: