Ringers Pellets

stripey

Reaction score
Is it just me or do other s find that Ringers pellets are really ****,you put them in the pellet pump just has th
ey prescribe and you get to the bank and they float !!,so next time you put them in the pump you pump them extra times and they still float!!!, where has i find sonubaits or fin perfect work exactly as the manufacturers say on the packaging, i repeat is it just me, or do others find the same.

nottskev

Reaction score
I've found expanders a frustrating bait, too., prone to either float or disintegrate. The only brand I seem to be able to prepare consistently are Bait-Tech expanders. They have a good texture. Even then, pumped, kept in a poly bag with the air removed, and fridged overnight, they mostly float the next day, so I've taken to pumping a handful for hookbait - they sink when on a rig - and feeding something else, like dampened micros or other small pellets. One small positive point - they seem to keep well if fridged, and I've often caught plenty of fish on bait pumped several days earlier.

bracket

Reaction score
I regularly use Ringer expander pellets. I prepare them on the bank. Put a slack handful to one side for the hook. The rest, for feeding I keep in water as they do dry out and float. I dont have too much trouble with Ringer pellets and do use a Ringer pump which I find excellent, so much so I have two. Nottskev has it right, Bait Tech expanders are by far the best I have used. Pete

rayner

Reaction score
The new SONU baits expanders are bang on. They don't need pumping, just cover with water and they all sink. They even sink when they are dry.
Work every time without fail.
Bait Tech are also excellent expanders, just as good as SONU.

iain t

Reaction score
I've had no problems with ringer expanders sinking. I do exactly the same as Bracket.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
No problem with Ringers, apart from the fact that I cannot catch on them!!

The Bait Tech jobies mentioned by bracket et al sound a lot better BUT will they catch roach??

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Another vote for the Sonubaits expander! I put some in a resealable freezer bag cover in water and immediately squeeze the water out ! I than add a glug of either sonubaits F1 or the pineapple flavour , seal the bag and put in the fridge for next day! They will last a good few days ! You can give the glug bit a miss and it works just as well! They sink( mostly) and stay on the hook or hair!

I caught roach and carp this week on them albeit prawn and meat were more popular!

bracket

Reaction score
No problem with Ringers, apart from the fact that I cannot catch on them!!

The Bait Tech jobies mentioned by bracket et al sound a lot better BUT will they catch roach??

Tee-Cee. Use them in the 4mm size and you will get sick of catching roach or anything else that swims. Pete.