Best excuse to go fishing!

fishplate42

Reaction score
As some of you might know, I have been back and forth from the doctors for the past few months. Having never been ill in my life, this was a bit of a shock for me. I have nothing compared with some of you here, so I am not complaining, it has just taken up a lot of time and made me think about life a bit closer.

A couple of weeks ago, the nurse told me that fishing was good exercise - she did not have to tell me twice! I am now going at least once a week and I am off again tomorrow.

Today I had yet another appointment with the nurse and she told me my blood pressure was now normal and my blood sugar is also significantly improved. It must be true; fishing is good for you!

See Doctors Orders HERE.

Ralph.

john step

Reaction score
Glad to see you are mending. I did reply to your earlier post that fishing is not really exercise. However after pushing my barrow across a field and heaving it one step at a time to the top of the reservoir bank I might be changing my mind.

peterjg

Reaction score
Of course fishing is good for you!!! It's good for mind, body and soul!!! To be outside, to commune with nature, to be alone, somewhere quiet, to think about what really matters!

It is said that for every day you go fishing it adds a day to your life, well I usually go fishing three days a week so my life expectancy is about 130 years - not really - I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Although I love fishing with my wife and family the best advice I can give is to find natural, quiet places and be so totally absorbed with the fishing that time is forgotten.

I used to work for a big multinational company and used fish most weekends and did two nine night sessions each year for carp. I found that after being constantly at the lake for nine days and nights that when returning back to 'normality' everything seemed fast and loud, it used to take me a couple of days to readjust again to supposedly normal life.

Last edited: