multiple loch annual permits?

Derek

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Spent a day on Loch Earn on Saturday teaching a mate how to fish. Anyway got talking to another angler there and he said that you can get annual permits for loads of lochs in that area including Earn, think the he also said Vencaher and Lubnaig are included in it also? The annual price he said is also pretty damn cheap for new members?

I havent heard of anything like this before and was hoping that some on here would shed some light.

Are there annual multiple loch permits available, are there different varieties on this?

If someone knows any info would be appreciated and also any advice on alternatives would be great?

Cheers

Edit: to the mods apologies I created a duplicate of this thread in the beginners section in error but could not see how to delete it !

mikench

Reaction score
You may well struggle to receive a response as I am not aware of many members , if any, who are based in Scotland and who may be familiar with procedure and permits around the lochs! I may be wrong however!

mike lafferty

Reaction score
You may well struggle to receive a response as I am not aware of many members , if any, who are based in Scotland and who may be familiar with procedure and permits around the lochs! I may be wrong however!

I am a member and based in Scotland.
Am not aware of this type of permit for the Lochs mentioned, they usually operate in a day ticket basis and usually very reasonable.
Although regarding Loch Earn, what a stunning place but I was under the impression it has been ‘fished out’. Every time I have passed it on the main road running alongside the Loch all I ever see are long term groups camped out on the road bank, many flying their national flag and it ain’t the Union Jack or the flag of Scotland, you all know where I am coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek

Reaction score
I am a member and based in Scotland.
Am not aware of this type of permit for the Lochs mentioned, they usually operate in a day ticket basis and usually very reasonable.
Although regarding Loch Earn, what a stunning place but I was under the impression it has been ‘fished out’. Every time I have passed it on the main road running alongside the Loch all I ever see are long term groups camped out on the road bank, many flying their national flag and it ain’t the Union Jack or the flag of Scotland, you all know where I am coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a surname of Lafferty I know exactly what you mean !! Dont worry I dont follow suit with them bud !!

Na Earn still fishes VERY well I managed about 16 Brownies just there, only a couple over the pound and a half mark though. The trout UK record was caught there just last October 36lb or something like that. Its very busy on weekends (especially if the weather is there and bank holidays). But its stocked and also with the farms on Loch Earn it wont ever be fished out. They reckon that the record rainbow caught there would have escaped from the farm a couple years ago.

Derek

Reaction score
apologies bud I thought this was a UK forum ...... any chance you could recommend a UK forum ?