Bib and Brace

wetthrough

Reaction score
I have one of the Aldi bib and braces which is fine in cooler weather but being lined it's way too warm for the current weather. I prefer to wear one just to keep the kak of my clothes. I recently bought a Fortress bib and brace and it's a vast improvement. Claims and appears to be waterproof and breathable and does appear to be breathable. Waterproof has yet to be tested but the material looks like it should be waterproof and the lining or cloth facing stops it sticking to you. No zip front and no side pockets but it does have a small chest pocket which is useful. I haven't torn it as yet but the material doesn't feel particularly tough. Nevertheless, it was relatively cheap, I paid £17.95 and I'm quite glad I got it. They're very generously sized. I normally take an XL size in most things but the XL is really too big for me, large would have done. It's OK though. I just look like Simon Cowel on a bad trouser day.

mikench

Reaction score
I recently bought the Korum waterproof jacket on eBay brand new for £29 and liked it so much I bought the matching bib and brace for £44 from Summerlnds Tackle. Either or both are great in warm wet conditions! Anyone remember them!:rolleyes:

dicky123

Reaction score
In summer when trotting it's nice to wear them as you can wipe you hands on them, catch the Bream slim and ground bait. But I agree they are mostly too heavy, or to expensive to keep washing. I've tried a towel but my hooks keep getting caught in that. Most match men use Bib and Brace even in summer, maybe they have more money than me?? Find a nice light cheap pair, my Daiwa (expensive) are excellent but need washing too often when used.

Rich.

Reaction score
Skinny so and so;),don't want to wear one myself,unless it's winter...

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Preston Innovations DF12 if you can still get one, they have brought the DF15 out , both are waterproof and breathable, To wash mine I put it on a coathanger on the washing line and either a sponge and a bowl of cold water or the hose pipe gets the groundbait/slime and anything else off it, I also have the DF12 jacket.I have put them in the washing machine on a cool wash using pure soapflakes and NO fabric softener, ( that will remove the waterproofing after a while)
I think Shakespeare also do a lightweight waterproof and breathable set that may be worth a look at,

dicky123

Reaction score
Thats the one I have Mark, excellent but expensive when I brought it. Washing line wash sounds a good idea.