After FM ? where to go?

davestocker

Reaction score
Although I’ve not been as active here as in the past, I, too, am gutted by the news. Might I recommend a couple of places folk might like to visit if FM does not get a reprieve.

My two fishing loves are lure fishing for pike, and fly fishing for trout. The Pike and Predators forums are lively and very active. There's also stuff for non-predator anglers.Visit them at;http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?catselect=generalAnd for great fly fishing interaction try the flyforums (Ron’s been active here)http://www.flyforums.co.uk/That said, let's hope there’s a rescue and that the ‘family home’ survives.

black ghost

Reaction score
this is a great idea I just wish it was mine.

'So Magicalia are to bin FM - but they have several other web forums/sites - let's just pick a site Golfmagic or Outdoorsmagic and all log on there - we just post about fishing and our usual banter on whichever site of Magiclia we choose

We all stay together, keep save nicknames and if they don't give us FM back we annoy the golf lot or whoever with our angling talk. organise fishings post fishing reports ect

So which site is it to be?'

golfmagic it has to be.

R

Roto Fryer

still trying to split everyone instead of trying to keep everyone together!

Tom Scholey

Reaction score
At the end of the day its the members that make fishing magic, the site really has nothing to do with it, much the same as a house doesnt define a family, merely provides them with somewhere to live!

As long as you all stick together wherever you choose to go, it will still be the same old community. As I say, your all welcome at www.fishing4fun.co.uk if you choose to come. I don't see this as vultaring in any way, don't think of your community as breaking up, just moving house!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

If FM members wanted to use the suggested sites as their firstchoice they would already be using them. Obviously most want to stay with FM

I do like Pauls idea /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifIs there a CanoeMagic /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

There is always the DCAC forum, sadly Club members only /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gifbut for £50 /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifAND you'll get some of the best game/coarse fishing in the north of England

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just spoken to Ed Marriage and he is dealing with several serious enquiries to buy FM.

More enquiries have come in today which I've passed on to Ed.

He won't be available to speak to until next Wednesday but will email relevant figures to anyone making a serious enquiry.

<u>THE SITE WILL NOT CLOSE ON THE 19TH.</u> IT WILL NOT CLOSE WHILE SERIOUS OFFERS ARE BEING CONSIDERED.

ALL ENQUIRIES TO ED.MARRIAGE@MAGICALIA.COM AND NOT TO ME.

If you want to ask me something about the site relevant to anything editorial please email me rather than phone me. That way I can answer your enquiry at a time to suit both me and my family.

Thanks.

brummie

Reaction score
Thats the best bit of news I,ve read this week. Thank you Graham.

Unless they consider £2.50 and some firstday covers a sensible offer, the best thing I can do is sit back, shut up and cross my fingers for a good outcome.

Once again thankyou for the update and enjoy your retirement when you finaly get it.

All the best to you and your family.

Ian

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Dave Stocker wrote (see</blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Although I’ve not been as active here as in the past, I, too, am gutted by the news. Might I recommend a couple of places folk might like to visit if FM does not get a reprieve.

My two fishing loves are lure fishing for pike, and fly fishing for trout. The Pike and Predators forums are lively and very active. There's also stuff for non-predator anglers.Visit them at;http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?catselect=generalAnd for great fly fishing interaction try the flyforums (Ron’s been active here)http://www.flyforums.co.uk/That said, let's hope there’s a rescue and that the ‘family home’ survives.</blockquote>I found it harder to get accepted on there than it is on here /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif. I tried joining in with threads and even tried talking to them at the intersite matches. You know the sort of thing, you try to join in with a thread and they just talk round you like you didn't say anything /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif