Simple way to save an article

The bad one

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying this can only be for your own use, as there are copyright law that apply here.

Go to the article you want to save, highlight it by holding the left hand button down on your mouse and scroll down the whole article. The photos and text will turn blue. Release thebuttonit should if you've done it right remain blue.

Go to the bottom line of the toolbar ofExplorer and click on the button that says Page, right hand side. A dialog box comes up, click on copy.

Open up a Word doc and click on paste. It takes a few seconds for it to drop it on the page, well it does on my steam driven machine/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

As Word doc isnot the same format as an Internet page, the formatting is different, but it will save it in a readable format that's pretty close to what you see on the site.

Save the Word copy with a Title, either to your hard drive, memory stick or burned CD.

That's the easiest way I've found to save Articles off this site.

But if anyone know another way, it's time to share it with us all, just in case we don't save this site

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I created a New Folder on my desk top last night, and saved everything in that. And it saves space. I put your articles in it aswell mate along with mine, Marsbars and a few others. I'm busy trolling the other articles and rig pages today.

It's a crime when you realise just how much valuable information might just get dumped.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I have noticed that all the articles and rigs pages have a link at the bottom right saying "Printer friendly Version" this is just above the " send this article to a friend" box. if you click this you get a page that has all the adverts and stuff removed.

i then print this to a PDF file ( using a free program called "CutePD"), then I have a well formatted version of the article and pictures, retaining all the copyright information.

These files are small and easy to read and lose nothing. A good way to save the article for future reference.

C

Cakey

is there a quick way to save my gallery

theres 176 pictures in one of mine and it does say owned by cakey

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

is there a quick way to save my gallery

theres 176 pictures in one of mine and it does say owned by cakey</blockquote>

Looks like you have to click on eack image until you get it fullsize, then right click and " save image as" .

As you own these cakey, have you not saved the images you originally uploaded???

C

Cakey

most of them yes but I want to delete them afterwards so they cant be used else where

nudge nudge

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Can I save a thread?

I would love to save Dereks thread "Big pike are not hard to catch"