Which Pole side puller

magicone

Reaction score
I want to fit a side puller to my top kits.

I have reinforced the top kits ready for a pulla, but find the lack of information of what size the various kits can use with the elastics.

Three of my top kits use Preston Hollo 17 and One uses a Daiwa Hydro 20. Two of the kits had a 'I think a Maver' slot pulla and this is too small for the '17'.

Anyone know which pulla kit I could use.

thanks

bracket

Reaction score
I have just done the four power top two's on one of my poles. I used the Vespe kit. My choice was for the 6mm insert rather than the 7 mm. Fitting was simple and I have been using them for over a month now and find them excellent. Pete.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have the Daiwa G50, it already has the bushes in them, I use 17h through them with no problem, If you have slots you may
be stuck with them, because with a say 6mm bush it can be enlarged to 10mm for the preston roller bush. If i was you i would ditch the 17h and try black hydro, you are already using red hydro so you have a power set up anyway, Myself i wouldn't use red hydro on a puller because i think its to strong for that, Others will disagree. Even though i have 17h in one of mine its rare that i use it, preferring to let the elastic play the fish without me adding any more pressure on powerful elastic via a puller, If you want to change your slots i would take your top kit to a tackle shop and see what they have to fit, Garbolino do some that may bee wider than the maver,

you say your kits are reinforced for pullers, try the map , they are 6mm and are shaped at right angle bend this stops the elastic rubbing inside the section, A shop should fit them for around £10 and that includes buying the bush,

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
To answer your actual question it might help if you tell us what diameter the 17h is then perhaps people could measure their pullers to see if it will fit. I only use solids so don't have this problem. I would think the preston roller pullers would be big enough because the 17h and the roller puller are both preston products. Problem with roller pullers is that they needa 10mm diameter hole.

As all ready suggested, could you ditch the 17h and use a solid or use a thinner hollow, Nick Gilbert's or KND? You wouldn't have to change your pullers then.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
checking on diameters of prestons hollo elastic, they are 9h = 1.9mm, 11h =2.1mm, 13h =2.3mm, 15h = 2.6mm, 17h = 2.8mm, 19h = 3.0mm I would have thought the 17h would be ok in your kit, Daiwa purple hydro is 2.66mm which is rated 16-18. I would say the red hydro rated 20 is around the same diameter as 17h

Last edited: