Ouch !

flightliner

Reaction score
I often need to wear chest waders when out fishing.
They're ok in shallow margins but the deeper I go the more hydrostatic pressure begins to take effect with the result being that by the end of a day my toes feel quite painfull.
I've tried to come up with a possible practical solution but one escapes me.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Ps, I know there are ones available with steel toe caps but it's not a solution that I would be happy with.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
My experience suggests that the only things you can do to alleviate the issue is to limit the depth you wade or take regular breaks to relieve the pressure.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could tryma dry suit, or better still a boat and wear what binka answers the door in... your underkecks lol.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

Im yet to experience this? How would you rate the pain out of ten and how long does it take exposed to the pressure before you feel pain?

Philip

Reaction score
I was going to suggest the steel capped solution but if thats not an option then you could attach the top of your waders to yourself with an air tight seal then pump them up like a balloon so the pressure inside is greater than the water pressure outside. You will look a bit silly & indeed run the risk of floating off downstream ....but its a small price to pay for hydrostatic bliss ! :)

All things considered, just taking a break like the others suggest is probably your best bet.

flightliner

Reaction score
Im yet to experience this? How would you rate the pain out of ten and how long does it take exposed to the pressure before you feel pain?
Its definately an eight, a nine if I,m stood all day in water that comes up to my knees, a definate ten if I stand up to my gentlemans bits.
Maybe the answer would be to pay for a much more expensive pair that come with a seperate pair of wading boots.????????
I may ask my tackle dealer if any customers have had the problem and overcome it in the past.

Philip

Reaction score
Maybe the answer would be to pay for a much more expensive pair that come with a seperate pair of wading boots.????????

I have a pair like that with a neoprenene sock end that I wear boots over...however, the downside of this is that afterwards you end up with a soaking pair of boots that have to be stored and dried inside and out as well as the waders so I hardly ever use them and end up just using the all in one type with the intergated boot.

Swings and roundabouts as such.

sam vimes

Reaction score

I have both Neoprene lined rubber thigh waders and breathable stocking foot chesties with separate boots. Feeling the pressure on your feet still happens with both. I actually find the stocking foot/wading boot combination fractionally less comfortable. It's surprisingly easy to overdo the lace tightness on the boot and exacerbate the issue. Underdo the
laces and you can lose a bit of stability.

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful replies everybody.seems a hard thing to redresss.
Seems like a pair of steel capped chesties is the only answer!!!