ROD AND BIG PIT ADVICE PLEASE

GertR

Reaction score
Ron and all of you i need advice please.

Like i said before i am coming to the UK March next year.

I've got 2 13tfeet graphites and 2 10ft graphites all in one peace.

Was thinking of making some 2 pieces before i come.

Do you guys use one pieces at all.

Thinking about the transportation.

Was also thinking of making 2 10's and 2 12's in 2 pieces and bringing them with.

Would you aggree with this or what would you recommend i bring with.

Was thinking that i would leave the 13tfeet's here and only then bringing 10's and 12's.

The reason i do not want to buy there now is because these rods are custom built for me and i have no problems with them.

Another question then too please.

I am going out on water in SA BUFFELSPOORT RON maybe you know this water.

In search of a 40 Pounder.

I need to be taking lines in up to 550 meters so for this i want to get myself some new big pit reels.

Which one do i buy. Was thinking of Shimano's but there are so many of them it's confusing me allot. Any advice would be appreciated.

GertR

Reaction score
Was looking at a DVD of Kevin Maddocs fishing 11 feet graphite's.

They also seemed to handle very nice ??

F

Frothey

one piece rods are a pain to transport.

12ft 2.75lb test rods (like Century NG's)will cover most situations so long as its a decent blank.

550m of line? most of our lakes aren't that big, and most of the one's that are ban boats!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Most UK Carp anglers use rods in 2 pieces. One piece rods are totally uneccessary How on earth are you going to transport 12 feet of carbon fibre around in a normal car?

If you tied the rods to the roof it would be against the law.

Personally I like rods in 4 pieces. Nearly all my fly rods are so. This is becoming the norm due to world wide travel.

I have fished Buffelspoort many many years ago. It used to be a good large mouth bass water.