Many Thanks...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thank you to all those who contributed to the collection for me for my retirement. It was a truly wonderful gesture that I really appreciate. When Nigel Connor presented the letter to me at the Idle fish-in it made an already great weekend into an even better one.

I was presented with a letter from custom rod builder Mark Tunley that invited me to choose from an excellent range of hand built rods. I'll let you know which rod as soon as I've made my choice.

For once in my life I'm finding words are inadequate to express how I really feel about the presentation, but it is a rod that I will treasure for the rest of my life and that will always remind me of my years with FM and the many friends I made.

With humble thanks

Graham

F

Frothey

Mark's rods are absolutely spot on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

wait a moment..... that means you've got another reallyexpensive barbel rod coming /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
If ever a man deserved it then it is you Graham, it is a measure of the high regard that we on Fishingmagic hold for you, I know you will enjoy it and that is all the thanks we need. Thankyou for being.....well, Graham Marsden.

S

Steve King

It is well deserved as Graham W says.

PS> does this mean that you'll be getting rid of a not quite so expensive barbel rod? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham it was a pleasure to organise and thanks to everyone who contributed.

It was an honour to make the presentation on behalf of the members and given the circumstances, very moving.I was going to post a thread but thoughtI had better leave it to the man himself.

I will post a picture tonight of the presentation kindly taken by Ron.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I can only second what Graham said.....it's just a little token to show ourgratettude for the enless hours and hard work you have put in for thepast 10 years.

Enjoy x

Reaction score
Brilliant choice of gift Nigel!

Graham,

Many thanks for everything you've done for the FM community, and for all the support you've given me personally. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifAs Claudia says... Enjoy!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Nigel /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Just think of your friends everytime you use it Boss, glad you liked it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

p.s. I totally echo all the statements above, especially Graham Whatmore's.

E

EC

I'm pi55ed off. I donated 50p and Nigel hasn't sent my my change yet, I therefore have instructed Mr Tunley to complete said rod whilst pished and sends it to Gerry Marsden instead.

What rod you picking Big Man, just in case some of the above isn't true?

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
The very best Graham, we can only try to imagine the cr*p you put up with over the years, good and bad of course and the joy of seeing it grow into THE best fishing site on the web.

You did a top job.

Thank you.

Jeff

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Not alot elseI can say,

other than to wish you a long and happy retirement Graham!

W

Wolfman Woody

I thought you were getting him Duffy's CD singing "I'm Gonna Rain on Your Parade" as he'd think it was a song about golden showers.

You've done better than we first thought Marsden, I said Nigel would have to look through the Pound stores.

Never did a man deserve it better though. Have a happy (semi-)retirement.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham,

We can only imagine the thoughts that are going through your head at this strange time, so hopefully, that small token of our thanks, appreciation and affection will be used to remember happier times.

We have shared some time together on the bank and now that you are (semi) retired I hope that we will once again meet and share some good fishing.

I wish you tight lines whenever that rod is put to use.

S

Scott Whatmore

Graham,

you are most very welcome. I do hope that youtest the quality and longevity of such a fine rod to the max. You deserve it.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Heres the picture as promised
DSC_0708.jpg

Depending on what rod Graham choses there should be enough for a nice little reel to match!!

W

Wolfman Woody

You know what he's (Marsbar that is) is going to do?

He's going to have a rod designed specifically for fishing at Clattercote that will guarantee him to win every sodding time and every year he's going to put that great wedge of cash from the pools into his ever growing fat wallet!

Don't say you weren't warned!

SUCKERS!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Oops, me too. /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

1st fish under the pontoon'll snap it /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
I must say, it was very good of you lot to buy the bloke a new rod,but when you get to his age there are more important things than rods.

Therefore, I have decided to buy him something off my own bat, incontinence pants, incontinence pads, dental fixative cream, some ointment, (you all know what for), and also, Im sorting out some of my old clothes for him. I have also tied some special flies for him, which I will give him on the 30th December

Dont mention anything to Bibby, as he will want some of my old clothes as well.

Im sure Mr Marsden will share the ointment with him though, all they seem to talk about these days is ointments and pills, the talk of big bream and tench seem's to have gone out the window.