Fishing barrow/shuttle.

nava

Reaction score
Looking at getting one soon as I’m sick to death of making 2 or 3 journeys from my car to the bank, so I am wondering what everyone else has got and which they would recommend. I have been looking at the map x2 barrow or the Preston two wheel shuttle as I’m looking at spending no more than £100. What they fold down to is also a consideration as I’ve not got a massive car.

Thanks in advance.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have the Preston 2 wheeled shuttle, had it a few years and had no complaints with it, As with any form of barrow/shuttle make sure all the handwheels are tight before you use it,the are easy to dismantle to whatever configuration you want to fit in your car, I have a Zafira, all I do is remove the front bar on the shuttle and wheel it in the back of the car.

sagalout

Reaction score
I've got the Carp Porter Porterlite 2, had for 7 or 8 years. Brilliant bit of kit.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'd recommend the Preston shuttle, you can always buy a conversion kit to make it 4 wheel at a later date.
I don't recommend the Map.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I guess it depends to an extent on what sort of gear you're transporting and how much of it there is. Match boys seem to go for the shuttle type barrows but they seem to carry 3 times as much gear as me. I got a JRC Contact barrow simply because it wasn't too big, too complicated or too heavy, its easy enough to set up/down and I dont carry shedloads of gear. Quite easy to push too once you get the balance point right [ which is the key] and easier than dragging a trolley. Reasonably priced too if you shop around. Folds down and fits my car easily too though I do drive an estate. Certainly worth a look.

john step

Reaction score
I've got the Carp Porter Porterlite 2, had for 7 or 8 years. Brilliant bit of kit.

Yes a brilliant piece of kit. I have a small Skoda and it fits no problem. British made and very sturdy. Parts available. Most important very well balanced and easy to push. Quick to put together and take apart. Accessories such as under bags etc.
After this I couldn't be bothered with one of those pull along trolley things that topple sideways on bumpy ground.

peterjg

Reaction score
I've swapped from trolleys to a Carporter Prestige barrow. So much easier over uneven ground, it's light and folds down small. Under £100.

thecrow

Reaction score
Graham , a bloke around here uses one on a water with easy access, his has a small trailer behind it.

Without it I wouldn't be able to get to swims other than those right next to the car park, the club waters paths are well maintained making it easy to ride round. I will always find a way to fish, I have just discovered that by taping one end of the dental floss I use for slider knots that normally gets in the way of my shaky hand to the reel line I can tie them better and easier than before, tie the knot remove the tape and tighten up.

There is a chap that fishes a water near where I used to live that also uses a trailer to take his tackle from home to the water, when I have seen him its usually piled high with stuff.

By the way I do remove the basket :)

daniel121

Reaction score
I just have an old trolley, cost me 15 quid, I don't know what brand it is even